Thursday, January 6, 2011

Appropriate quote

"The greatest waste in the world is the difference between what we are and what we could become"--Ben Herbster

That felt like an appropriate saying to find in my e-mail, today. I subscribe to the Positivity Blog which I found on Reduce Footprint's blog some months ago. I receive random positive messages and lately, they have been fitting to my state of mind.
Instead of focusing on the negativity, embrace the opportunity for change. Ultimately, what I have been wanting for some time. Fear can be limiting. Not having a back up plan or means to sustain an income, for example, is daunting especially in our current economic state. However, there are ample resources out there for everyone. Sometimes, you have to step back and think outside of your comfort zone.

For me, sometimes, I think I have to identify what it is that I really want out of life. What is my fit and contribution to better not only myself, but, society in general.

I will be okay. I know this. I feel this and cannot wait to embark on the next part of this journey.

I look back at some of my postings, e-mail correspondence, facebook (too) and see that I consider work as a means to travel. It is time to take the leap of faith, believe in myself and whatever lies ahead on the road, for me.

I am ready. Ready to make this a travel only blog.....

1 comment:

scarlethue said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement. And you're right, maybe one day. :)

That is a great quote-- I needed to hear it too!