Sunday, January 9, 2011

Celebration Sunday

Still celebrating inspite of the crappy weather.
I woke up today intending to hike Matthew Winters Park with my aunt. We decided this would be our Sunday activity. Yet, when I woke up and noticed the ground was covered, I called my aunt and asked for a rain check. I am 100% anti-snow. I despise driving in this unless I absolutely must. Today, I got a pass on driving in the bad weather. Thankfully.
Supposedly, tomorrow will be worse. I will go out of my way to avoid driving tomorrow, too.
I walked up to Herbs & Arts to peruse their shop. I love their anoited candles and felt that today would be the ideal day to have one made for me. I am celebrating 2011, travel, life, red wine, and possibility. I am on a new journey and I wanted a candle made it that honor. My favorite person at that shop was available, too. Maeve is amazing.
Afterwards, I headed back home.
This weather is depressing. I really do not enjoy the snow. I know. Why am I complaining? I live in Denver. It snows here, a lot. I just prefer the sunshine that occurs 300+ days of the year.
KU was triumphant--awesome. And it was on cbs which I have on my tv. The reception was clear as long as I didn't try to watch the Eagles game during the commerical breaks. I prefer college basketball to NFL any day of the week.
Moving forward, in an attempt to fully embrace celebrating, I decided to open a bottle of 2000 Silver Oak. I used one of my many wine openers and managed to break the cork. Stubborn little thing. It shattered.
I used to own a decanter. Have no idea where that is now. Instead, I poured a little to make sure that the wine was still presentable. Delicious! It is good to enjoy the present moment. I cannot tell you how many times I have waited too long to open a bottle of wine and it has went south. This bottle is amazing and perfect for this evening. I am glad that I decided to check it out!
Happy Sunday! Stay warm, cozy and thankful.

No comments: