Sunday, July 15, 2018

TLC, food and travel

Gorgeous overcast day and drop in the temperatures finally.  It has been hot!  Hot for us and I am not used to multiple days of waking up in the middle of night due to marinating in my own sweat.  Gross!  I am not a fan.
I sprained my ankle while visiting friends in Washington State. Typically, to recover, it takes a couple of days to compress, ice, elevate and rest.  I am continuing to do this while training for my new job.  I think the additional hours of training is decreasing my opportunity to fully recover.  I have been doing as much TLC on it and know it is improving.  I think it will be a full three to four weeks before I am normal again.  Supposedly, that is what it normally takes to heal from a sprain.  I am not familiar with it and so I am frustrated.  I want to be able to walk to work and not worry that I am adding strain to  my foot.  I have been relying heavily on uber and lyft to get me around downtown which I don't really like.  Especially at night when the last few days have been challenging to get picked up.  Some drivers look at addresses.  Others stop in the general area.  Some communicate their locations.  Others wait and leave when the time expires.  I called a lady the other night to confirm my location and she wouldn't answer her phone.  That is extremely annoying.  I had to wait for another car which also annoyed me.  There seems to be no right way of hiring a car.  So I am ready to be able to walk again to work.
I have been sampling food at the restaurant which is awesome.  I think I have consumed more beef in the last week than I have in the last two years.  I need to do a full body cleanse to return to equilibrium.  I am concerned about what my trainer will say about my eating habits of the last month.  Actually, I have been wanting to postpone our session due to my ankle sprain.  I have been teaching yoga consistently and participating but not attending classes on my own. I think I will eventually return to that in the next week.  I am trying to figure out what works best for me.  TLC or continuing to push boundaries?
In the last two weeks, I have traveled to Santa Fe and Walla Walla.  It's been a fun few weeks of wine tasting and exploring restaurants.  I consider it all research and development.  Adds to what I am able to offer to people in my life.  The wines were fantastic and it had been about 8 years since I spent time in Walla Walla.  We found some lovely local spots to explore--casual,  middle and fine.  I think I preferred the casual spots.  They were terrific.  Bomb Tacos comes to mind and Andrae's.  Loved both of those spots.
Santa Fe is always a great time.  A few hours at Ojo Caliente, silver coins at La Choza and hit a barre class.  Ironically, the majority of the class did not live in Santa Fe.  I overheard some girls asking if there were other barre studios around town.  I interjected my thoughts and ended up befriending one of the girls who was also visiting town.  Colleen is considering relocating there from Kentucky.  I suggested a few studios and other things to do in town.  It was nice to be able to chat with someone and share my experience of living there.  I love visiting.  Just not ready to settle down and relocate there.
It's been a lovely few weeks.  I am ready to plan my next trip.  Hopefully soon!  Possibly Paso or Seattle.  I haven't been there in awhile either.  Could be in the cards to explore the Pacific Northwest.

No comments: