Friday, June 16, 2017

consultation revealed

I met with the trainer this morning.  Scared, sure.  I slept semi-poorly.  Dreaming of being on a treadmill to test my health and it being never ending.  I have run in the past but never been a fan of that particular equipment.  The last thing I wanted was to meet the trainer and assess my health on a treadmill.  Talk about a nightmare!
I didn't know how she would tackle my inquiry.  I wore tennis shoes, prepared, to have a physical training. I had emailed a few times and tried to be explicit and honest with my diet and wine intake.  I think I still fudged a little bit on the wine accuracy.
At any rate, after meeting with Courtney, I am hopeful.  I know that I will be able to firm up and create a long term healthy life style.  Being on my feet, daily; walking to work, and attending barre and yoga classes helps keep me on track.  I am thankful that I enjoy doing these things.  I would love to add more yoga into my weekly regime.  I have been teaching at home which I enjoy and am learning to love. I want to expand my practice to others.  In the meantime, I will continue to attend, sporadically, at my gym.  I have found a few instructors that are adequate.  There is a summer solstice class being offered tomorrow.  However, the instructor is not my brand and I do not want to go and be agitated the entire class.  I think I will attempt my own 108 salutations in my home.
I need to tackle the food factor as the exercise is already there.  Or mostly there.  I am happy to finally confront this head on.  I was pleased to find out that my lean body mass is good but dismayed to find out about my overall body mass.  I can work on it and improve.  I thought I was in a better place.  Oh, the things we tend to tell ourselves to justify decisions.  Yesterday, for example, I met two of my friends for lunch and happy hour.  Wine was included and snacks.  Not terrible choices but more wine than was necessary. The saving grace was that I opted out of purchasing more wine to have as a night cap.  In the past, I definitely would have searched out more wine.  Knowing that I was meeting with the trainer this morning made that decision easy.
Since we didn't actually do any training today, I am returning to the studio to attend a yoga class. The instructor makes good adjustments and I like seeing what is being offered out there.  I attended a class a few weeks ago where the instructor attempted a mandala.  I love this way to maneuver around the mat.  However, she only did the right side.  I kept waiting to balance and do the left side.  She didn't.  I think she forgot and they majority of people in the class were unaware of it.  Mandalas are not taught often in Denver.  I incorporate it into my flow, frequently.  I think it is an amazing way to sequence.
I am hopeful to increase my people that I practice with and practice earlier on days I work. I want to be healthy.  I also consider the training as a replacement for body work.  I can purchase these sessions instead of going to lunch, getting a massage or some other body improvement I tend to add to my weekly regime.  I will not cut out wine or wine lunches.  I will just be more mindful of when I do it.  Translation, not every day....not that was ever an issue. I do work. 
So, some changes and we will see how it goes.  I might check out a matinee, too. 
Next week, I will meet with Courtney again and tackle TRX while tracking my food.  It will be interesting!  Until then, cheers!

No comments: