Saturday, May 12, 2018

sore core and travel planning

I woke up and my core reminded me of my workouts yesterday.  I am sore!!!  I should not be surprised.  I saw my trainer and then taught back to back classes.  I made some adjustments to my people but mostly participated alongside them.  I do enjoy doing that.  I feel better about showing people that I would never ask them to do something that I am unwilling to do.  It was an active morning with a ton of emphasis on core, stability and strengthening.  My core is screaming at me, lol.
Afterwards, I met Sara Jo for lunch downtown.  I love seeing Sara.  She is one of my oldest friends and as a client it is too easy to teach and then go to lunch.  I am trying to avoid doing that on a regular basis.  Lunch is boozy and I want to establish a professional working relationship.  I don't want her to not to do yoga since she believes that a lunch is always mandatory.  It isn't.  Although, I will absolutely go whenever.  I do enjoy a wine lunch.
I have some upcoming trips that I needed to book.  I promised my friend, Jennifer, that I would meet her in D.C.  I started looking at flights last month and probably should have booked then.  Instead, I waited and then found unfavorable situations.  The best itinerary arrives in Baltimore.  Or, Dulles.  I prefer flying into National but most flights were not at ideal times. And I have a short amount of time in the city and so I want to be as close to D.C. as possible.  Baltimore is not an option.
Eventually, I decided to try the one way option and feel happy with the results.  I fly in to Dulles and out of National.  I funded one of the flights with miles and the other I hope to attain more miles. I am now inspired to find another city to explore in the fall.  Or late summer.  My aunt is flying to Denver and has a trip to Aspen planned in June.  She mentioned that she will be returning, again, and to Aspen. That is one city that I have not been to and I would love to check it out.  In the past, I had an opportunity to check out food and wine with friends and than it didn't pan out.  Aspen has always eluded me.  I remember being scouted to work in Snowmass when I first moved to Denver.  This couple were dining in an establishment where I was serving and they liked my vibe and hospitality.  Had I not been involved with Brian it might have happened.  Just another what if moment in my life.  I would love to drive there with my aunt and spend a few days.  The food scene is intense and I am certain I would encounter great yoga.  Thinking July or maybe August.
I had a yoga client arranged this morning but he was called in to work.  We are pushing our session to Monday evening.  I hope that it actually works out.  We seem to keep pushing the session due to his work schedule.
I am still arranging yoga for next week and confirming clients.  I have a friend visiting next weekend and so I will be unavailable to book clients.  I am about to attend a hip hop cardio class.  Should be interesting to see what this is all about.  I saw it and immediately wanted to check out the hip hop class. We shall see.

No comments: