Tuesday, May 8, 2018

travel and reminders

Allergies consume me.  My nasal passage is congested and my eyes remain itchy.  It's been a challenging month.  I have taken Zyrtec, daily, and tried to purchase a neti pot.  They do not sell them at my local organic store which is surprising.  Instead, I settled on a nasal spray which seems to help.  I had hoped that traveling to Minneapolis would provide a reprieve.  I encountered pollen there too and within a day or so had to contend with issues there.  It was a lovely trip.  I experienced gorgeous weather and explored the city with my aunt.  She lives near Calhoun Lake which is a great location to check out Upper Minneapolis and the lakes.
I wanted to check out the yoga scene there.  I was not disappointed. I walked away inspired and wishing I had had more time to attend classes.  Not only challenging, but mindful and physical.  I enjoyed the music and walked away feeling rejuvenated.  The instructor mentioned that his friends were opening a place in Denver.  I think I want to meet his friends!  I would love to have access to crazy sequencing on a daily basis.  I ate more chips and salsa than I anticipated.  Goes with the territory of exploring a city and rehydrating.  My aunt was a lovely hostess.  We checked out a few local spots and she met some of my friends and family.  It was interesting to blend families, I suppose.  Or explain how they knew me and vice versa.  I didn't speak to or see my aunt for 27 years.  Then we meet and reconnect in Minneapolis where I have family of Brian's.  I see his mom, regularly, but have not seen two of his aunts in ten years, at least. Thankfully conversation flowed and we managed to enjoy a few great meals.  I forgot to mention that my aunt's refrigerator went out the day before I arrived.  She purchased a new one and asked them to deliver it on Friday.  We could make dinner for Shari and Tom and it would be a little more intimate this way.  The delivery guys arrive on Friday morning and are unwilling to take the doors off.  They say they could set it up in the living room and plug it in there.  Seemed inconsiderate and lazy!  So, our plans changed and we served cheese and crackers before finding a restaurant that would accommodate us.
I will return to discuss more of my trip and recap the beginning of May. I sort of took a mini break from blogging due to travel.  Packing for travel and relaxing on my return.  I want to focus on what will be happening soon.  I am very thankful for my current job as it allows me freedom, flexibility and unlimited networking.  Last night, I talked to a few ladies about taking yoga from me and I know that this occurred due to my job.  I love that.  And, I want to continue this trend.  I want to be doing more yoga teaching and helping others.  I should be sharing this gift and I want to take the time to make it happen.
I want to focus on expanding my circle of people and make time to teach.  I want to express gratitude for all of the opportunities that are presented.  I am one step closer to making some changes on my blog and figuring out a way to work smarter, not harder.  Isn't that what we all want?
I should post about a travel throwback as I missed last Thursday and I definitely have more to chat about on my trip to Minneapolis.  The yoga was epic and I am thankful that I found a fantastic studio in Uptown.  I plan on returning to attend more classes in the fall.  And, I think, my aunt might sign up for some yin classes.  She should.  Yoga is essential and re-centering.
I also saw a post about saying thank you instead of apologizing. It is projecting negativity as opposed to finding the gratitude in the experiences that are presented.  I liked that.  Today, I choose to be thankful instead of sorry!
Last night, I overindulged.  I was excited to be talking with some ladies that work at the hotel.  We were enjoying wine and I was excited to be chatting with them.  I woke up and instantly felt that I should be sorry for enjoying the time with them and had planned on seeking out someone to apologize.  Then, I thought, why not look at this from a different perspective?  I am thankful to have had the opportunity to chat with the ladies and share my ideas with them.  Moreover, we had the chance to connect on a different level.  Also, thankful for that!
So, yes, I am thankful today.  Not apologizing~

No comments: