Wednesday, February 9, 2022

figuring it out

My live class today was a practice session.  No one joined and I opted to stop after fifteen minutes.  Normally, I would have continued, regardless; but today I was interested in the playback.  I could watch part of it and it would be a quicker upload than the typical 45 minutes.  I want to see how I come across to people.  Intimidating to do more but necessary.

I know I need to purchase a microphone for a youtube channel.  As much as I have hesitated to be on camera, I think it is a way to put myself out there more.  It is the true way to grow.  I am sure that I can start out without a microphone but the sound will be a challenge.  I know that from zoom classes. A few of my friends have mentioned it to me in passing.  

My finance class is going well.  I need to commit more to the reading and hold myself accountable.  I signed up for an additional service that I regret. It is a simulation of how to trade which is helpful but as a result, I receive messages, nonstop of people with questions that are part of this group.  It is never ending.  And until I fix how I feel about money, I do not want to trade.  I am unwilling to get caught up in the emotions of it.

I am not ready to trade. I still need to wrap my mind around the more positive mindset for money.  Initially, I thought it was a situation that I was only experiencing.  Yet, after speaking to a couple close friends, I realize this is more common than I thought.  We are not taught about investing, trading, finance in school.  Why in the hell not?  This is the skill that should be mandatory.  After speaking to the Goddess tonight, I commanded that she speaks to her boys about the importance of understanding how to handle your money.  She agreed.

I am ready to make a difference and take control of my situation. No more waiting or being fearful. Small habits lead to epic shit!  I am no longer afraid of putting myself out there. Recently, an acquaintance friended me on social media (her choice).  She was interested in yoga and so my friend, Roxanne, connected us.  Instead of waiting for an invitation to meet up, I reached out to her today. Initially, I hesitated but then I remembered that she friended me.  Clearly she knew that I taught yoga. I was not going to feel bad about inviting her to a session.

Thankfully, it was well received and who knows where it will lead?  If you do not take risks, you never grow. Tomorrow will be a better day.  

No comments: