Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Monday Motivation

Monday Motivation--inhale gratitude, exhale negativity.  I found that one of my classmates died yesterday. A little shocking since it came out of nowhere and then triggers (for me) an introspection of my life.  Am I where I want to be right now?  Should I be doing more?  

Then I remember to relax.  I do not need to be creating stories in my head.  My mind wanders off in a thousand directions and then I have to focus on what is important.  Gratitude and not focusing on things I cannot control.  

The death of a classmate was hard.  Puts mortality into perspective.  Although, I do know that people die every day and I lost my soul mate when we were very young.  Things happen and people die unexpectedly.  Reinforces the need to communicate and forgive certain situations for me.  I believe in communication (always have).  And, I believe, things happen organically.  I do not need to apply pressure in some situations.  Just let things be.

I was definitely more introspective this morning when I applied the post to my instagram account.  I think I was able to put more thought into what I wanted to say.  Now, midafternoon, I am a little distracted and less involved in that mindset.  More things occurred in my day.  Meditated, listened to a podcast and had a conversation with my sister, Michaela.  

Then, I sort of let this go and finished my evening.  I meant to post something yesterday.  It is sort of crazy the direction I am moving in currently.  I feel like I am right where I am supposed to be.  I tried to arrange dinner in St. Petersburg.  Apparently, the restaurant of choice does not accept reservations.  Last thing I want is to wait for two hours with four plus people.  It is much easier to set up a table and have everything figured out. I think I will return to a spot Sara recommended. It is charcuterie driven and so I suppose we will fill up on cheese and cured meats, lol.  I wanted tapas and know that we will find a spot while I am in Florida.  

Tonight, I am heading to a friend's house for take out.  Our mutual friend is relocating to North Carolina.  We are co-hosting a send up for our friend, Andrea.  I will miss her but know that this is the best option for Andrea. She wanted to return to Denver and make it her home.  There was something holding her back from fully committing to being here.  I get it. I do. I remember breaking up with Denver in 2011, knowing, that I would return eventually.  It was easy to go to Phoenix and make it a life.  Then, Santa Fe was an adventure.  Yet, I knew in my heart, that I wanted to be in Denver.  Denver will always be home.  My friends, family and support network.  

Enjoy your night.  I need to figure a few things out!


No comments: