Thursday, February 10, 2022

Upcoming road trip

Ten days til my big adventure.  I looked at the weather and it seems promising that I should be able to drive east or south without much difficulty. I can shave an hour off of my trip if I head east through Kansas.  Still, I prefer driving south through New Mexico. I need to give it some thought.  

The best part of leaving on the 22nd and staying with Hailey & Cory is the opportunity to watch KU basketball. Ironically, they have a game that night and it will be fantastic!  Hailey, Cory and I all went to KU.  They have shared their love of basketball with their kids and are bigger fanatics than I am.  I have been friends with Hailey since we were ten years old.  Played softball together, in the high school band and both went to Lawrence for college. Of course, at that point, I lost touch with many people from my childhood.  Except for a handful of people.  Hailey has always been a friend and a great supporter of my life.  I am so thankful that we cultivated our friendship and continue to talk and remain in each other's lives.  I remember meeting her first son, Andrew, in 2006.  I was in a unique place, emotionally, and spent a day with them in Dallas before driving to San Angelo to celebrate a birthday.  

From that visit, I remember the drive that I am about to repeat in ten days. Unless, I choose to drive through Kansas.  Driving through Amarillo and the small towns in Texas is charming.  And, I know that I can do it.  The twelve hours is going to be a stretch. After talking with Sara Jo about her cross country trip from Palm Springs to Florida, she mentioned stopping after six or seven hours daily.  I want to make more of a dent into the trip.  I need to.  That first day will be the worst! I am already thinking about how to make it manageable.  Looking forward to watching a basketball game will inspire me to drive faster, lol.

I am still figuring out how much I will teach remotely while on the road.  Some of the classes are easy to arrange while others will prove to be difficult.  I want to be available and realistic.  I know that when I am in Florida I will be enjoying wine lunches.  It would be naive of me to think I will teach afternoon classes and not consume wine at lunch.  I value my time as well as my client's time.  I do not want to promise a class and then regret setting it up.

And, I haven't really taken time off for me since 2020.  Sure, I have flexibility with my schedule (if I choose) but if I don't hustle, I only have myself to blame.  I have altered my schedule to be accommodating to clients.  Most coaches say to set boundaries. Take definite days off for yourself.  I still haven't stuck to that advice.  For example, my trainer never works on Sundays.  She doesn't respond to email, text, etc.  I don't have a hard boundary like that.  Maybe I need to? I don't know.  

I am excited, inspired and motivated to do more.  I am so thankful for the opportunities that are presenting.  And that I chose to pursue this.  Today is an absolutely gorgeous day.  It is time to get outside and enjoy sunshine!   Cheers!

No comments: