Thursday, February 4, 2010

Vague ramblings about upcoming food, January and massage...

January started off slow. I worked. I went running with the Goddess. Yes, we still meet, once a week, and run. We decided to sign up for a 1/2 marathon to motivate the distance we are doing. April 18th is the day.
I kept thinking I would have a clear idea of my goals for 2010. I think they are shaping, themselves, right now.
I traveled, ate a ton of rich food, received 3 massages and enjoyed friends--in Denver, and in New Mexico--two trips in the last two weeks which is amazing in my book! I went snowboarding in Taos and received a massage from Melody on Tuesday while in Santa Fe.
Tonight, I am dining at Frasca--continuing the food experience--with two of my co-workers and a friend. I feel blessed. I haven't been to Frasca in a few years, but it is definitely one of my favorite spots to hit in Colorado. I discovered it with my co-workers in 2005. A group of us drove to Boulder and tried the chef's tasting menu that they offer every Monday. As delightful as this experience was, I wanted to be able to choose my courses and dine accordingly.
I have never been an admirer of Valentine's Day. I consider it a joke of a holiday--one inspired by Hallmark; nevertheless, in 2006, Brian and I dined there. Ironically, it was immediately after Valentine's Day and so I suppose, in some respects, it was to celebrate that holiday as a couple. We booked a room at the Millenium Hotel so we could fully experience the awesomeness of Frasca. It was amazing. And, the hot tub was inviting post-dinner.
Since then, I have been fortunate to dine there on 3 other occasions. Each unique, but my favorite experience, was the Valentine's Day meal in 2006, with Brian.
I look forward to whatever Frasca delights tonight. I know that it will be excellent and I am dining with my boss, Dave, who has an exquisite palette.
I have eaten at Joseph's Table in Taos, Coyote Cafe and Geronimo in Santa Fe. I know that I must write about those meals, but am running short on time.
I think 2010 will be centered on massage ( 1-2 per month), traveling ( 1 abroad trip--either for pleasure or volunteer work), 2 1/2 marathons, 1 full (October or November), and of course--dining with friends. Last year was all about reconnection with people from my past. This year, it feels, different. I am still open to the reconnection factor, but feel, it will be new experiences, people, stories.
Enjoy your night. Oh, and ROCK CHALK, JAYHAWK! What a game, last night? I could have went....

No comments: