Thursday, February 25, 2010

February 25th


HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the GODDESS!!!
A year older, wiser, more goals to achieve, places to travel and cupcakes to eat. I am so grateful for Team in Training, if only, because of my friendship with the wonderful Goddess. I remember the first Saturday meeting. I had bought new shoes--I felt special--and we met the coaches, mentors, captains. We stretched.
While the coach rambled on about training, I was sizing up the other people. I think it is natural to look at the other people within your unit or group. I saw younger girls, athletic men, older women and people around my age. The coach explained that we would be running a timed mile for our first Saturday. I already sensed that 2 of the girls would be fast and competitive. I was right. Jamie, one of my running partners, completely sprinted around Wash Park. The Goddess also ran with little problem. She stood out because of her height and I knew that I had seen her somewhere. I asked if she did yoga. Yes, I do. And, then I knew. I had seen her, one time, at Core Power.
From there, we became running partners and friends. So, yes, I am thankful for that aspect of Team in Training.
Today, I will bring the cupcakes in the form of wine at Elway's. We are meeting for Rapture this evening. I cannot wait!
Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

scarlethue said...

I hope you have a good night with your friend :) I could use a cupcake today too!