Saturday, March 17, 2018

Ahh....March and other considerations

March Madness continues...I remember watching Thursday night and being shocked that the Wildcats were upset.  They just couldn't get anything going.  Last night, I watched the Orangemen typically show up for the tournament.  Being a KU fan does inspire enjoying Syracuse play.  Still, I can respect their program and know that no matter what they always show up and win in the tournament. I was not surprised that their zone was giving TCU issues.  I started flipping channels and noticed that the Retrievers were still in their game.  I continued to flip and noted that they were actually winning.  So, I adjusted my viewing and watched as they created history by upsetting the Number seed of the tournament.  Wow.  It was insanity.
Mad props to them.  They had nothing to lose and played loose and extremely capable.  I loved that their point guard's dad, proudly, held a gigantic sign of his son's face.  And continued to wave it around.  It was awesome.  Part of the beauty of this particular time of year.
I watched the first two games today.  I wish more of the games had been shown this afternoon as opposed to tonight.  I will be distracted and unable to watch them since I am working.  And, it is the day of debauchery for anyone that suddenly is Irish, lol.  I attended a yoga class this morning, and bars were already open with people imbibing and enjoying life.  I say, good for them!  A few of my fellow yogi's commented on it with dismay.  Who doesn't enjoy a beer or mimosa to kick off the weekend?  I say, cheers and enjoy!
I am packing for my upcoming trip to Puerto Rico. I think I will be taking summer clothes and camping out on the beach.  Of course, I am curious to what it is like down there. How they are recovering and how I can help?  My friends relocated their in December and I am happy for them.  It has been their dream for the last five years.  They worked towards it and planned their exit strategy.  I am happy to see and support them.
Moreover, it inspires more travel and opportunity.  Makes me think of where I would like to go next and how to make it happen.  Not going to lie...I am enjoying teaching yoga and building up that practice.  Traveling can interrupt that as I am seeing.  I had made plans to teach a friend and her colleagues a month ago.  Illness and scheduling has prohibited it.  I am more communication friendly and my friend, struggles, to text to solidify plans.  I am not the type of person to wait around.  I can fill my days with other things--seeing matinees, reading, writing, walking, taking care of the dentist that I try to avoid, trips, etc.  And, it if is a true day off for me, I might have a luncheon scheduled.  I am finding it difficult to keep myself available to her and her needs.  I think I am just going to have to be completely honest that I need more communication and expect it.  I guess that will be a conversation for when I return from Puerto Rico.  I would love to have the opportunity to teach a group twice a month.
I taught two friends yesterday and customized my flow for them.  I enjoy being able to do that and know that I could focus more on fundamentals and alignment and that would benefit both of them greatly.
I am off to enjoy the day.  Listen to music and catch more of the Madness.  I am hopeful for my team.  I want them to be the team that I know they are.  Play loose and dominate!
Cheers and enjoy your Saturday!

No comments: