Monday, March 5, 2018

Beginning of the week

I woke up, three days last week, and chose to eat tacos.  Now, I want them daily, lol.  Definitely not happening today.  I managed an early morning yoga class and am trying to be more honest about my life on this medium.  I am actively planning yoga this week and spending time on me.  My life is full of possibility and opportunity.  Make it happen today.
I have a reminder that I just read about communication.  How it differs for people due to upbringing and meaning behind words.  An agreement is only an agreement if each party knows the condition of the agreement and the satisfaction and time for the satisfaction to occur.  I would agree with this sentiment.  I was raised to believe in principles and respect.  I hold them dearly to what I value in my life. I find it difficult to deal with people who are not similar beliefs and/or standards.  I have high expectations of myself and others you could say.  To my detriment at times, too.  However, I still believe, that ultimately, this is the way to live.  To be accountable for choices made.
I feel like lightening this up.  Today is a beautiful day to get outside and explore.  I had a lovely yoga session with the reminder that I do enjoy traveling.  My instructor said we should focus on what brings us joy.  Food, a person, your dog/cat, travel, places you have been recently (I think that was directed at me.  He knows that I spent last week in Nashville, lol.  And, I should be reflecting more on that.
I walked to work which allowed more reflection of life.  That and trying to not be wind blown.  Super windy this morning and cold.  It was misrepresented.  Sun shining and yesterday was gorgeous.  Today the wind kicked in and was chilly!  I did manage to walk to and from work.  I enjoy days like today when I am able to do that.  I can listen to music and reflect on life.  Thankfully, I have the ability to walk to work instead of driving and or dealing with parking downtown.  It does make a huge difference.  More and more people are moving to Denver and parking is becoming more problematic.  I detest dealing with that downtown or in Cherry Creek.  There really isn't many options in either area.  Sure you can pay to park or maybe find a metered space.  But I get super irritated and find walking more of what I desire.
I am hoping to do more yoga this week.  I have reached out to some of my people and know that I can and will make it work.  My one client has a bulging disk and so she is resting and trying to ease some of the inflammation.  My other person I teach, frequently, is in New Mexico for a stretch of time and my friends have been out of town.  I just need to hustle a bit and make it work.
Until later, cheers!

No comments: