Friday, March 16, 2018

basketball and rambling

I love this time of year.  Every March, I find myself glued to the tv to watch college basketball and I appreciate being off the initial days to absorb all of the games.  It is not the same to watch games while working.  I don't want to miss anything especially when my team is playing.  And I yell at the tv (super helpful, I know).  I am a fan of my team and am not ashamed to say that.  I get a little out of hand and while working I cannot fully watch the game.  Thankfully my game was early yesterday morning and they were successful.  Survived the first round without being upset.  Although there was speculation that they would be the first ever number one seed to fall to a sixteen seed.  Thankfully, this was not the case.
I went to a sculpt class before watching the evening games.  I was a little lazy this week.  I skipped yoga on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday due to timing of the class or boredom.  I know I get in phases of boredom and irritation with instructors that I frequent their class often.  I have to break up with them for a week or two to remember why I enjoy the class.  This week, I chose to be lazy.  I did force myself to go to the sculpt class last night.  It was okay but the music selection continues to be dreadful. I want to ask the girl why she chooses her playlist when she is attempting to match the movement to the beat.  It never works and I get irritated which I was reminded of last night.
There was only one game that I wanted to watch and I alternated between it during the first half and other games.  I wasn't that invested in it since they looked good.  The beginning of the second half had a completely different vibe.  They looked defeated and as time dwindled, I felt that they would lose the game.  It was hard to watch and I can only imagine how frustrating it was to actually play.
Today, I will watch some of the games while teaching yoga.  I have a session with my trainer and I should figure out any and all items needed for my trip to Puerto Rico.  I leave on Monday to attend my friend's wedding in Rincon.  I am excited for some beach time and celebrating the wedding.  My friend's have been planning this day for over a year.  They had plans to marry in October and then the hurricane altered their plans.  They did choose to move to Rincon and make a life there.  I am excited to see their life there.
I am collecting items to promote my teaching.  I have a logo (I think) and need to stock up on props for clients.  I need to truly free up time to do this and start filling the time with clients.  Utilize my connections and do something for me.  I love connecting people and supporting friends in their ventures.  Maybe I could expend some energy and create that for myself, too.
I am excited for today and upcoming adventures.  I think I will be in Minneapolis at some point in the near future.  Then, there is D.C. in June.  And, I keep seeing ads for trips to Greece.  I am so doing that this year.  Maybe next.  You have to think...what is stopping you?  Fear of not having enough money?  Time off from work?  Opportunity to go?  All limiting personal beliefs that absolutely can be and should be handled and taken care of.  Life is to be lived and enjoyed.  I enjoy traveling and meeting people.  It is enriching to my life and history.  I can exchange post cards with my nieces.  Thereby creating a dialogue between us. 
I can learn of other cultures, food, languages and continue to learn and grow.  I think when we stop learning, we stop living.  I want to challenge my mind and strengthen my soul experiences.  I don't want to just exist.
I am fortunate that I enjoy taking photographs of my life.  Daily, I am reminded of memories and am so thankful that I enjoy taking photos.  I have created a memory book for my friends in Puerto Rico and think I could probably create one for Sara Jo, the Goddess and definitely Shari.  I still look through the first one I created for Brian.  I am so grateful that I wanted to do that for him for our anniversary.  I will always hold those memories dear to my heart.  It is not as breathtaking as it once was.  Now, I can look through and find joy.  Not just sadness.
Back to basketball.  Today will continue with sixteen games and will keep me preoccupied.  I should figure out my laundry situation and pack for my trip next week.  I tend to wait to pack and then re-pack.  The last few trips, I have definitely brought too many clothes.  I should keep that in mind when considering my clothing options.  Less is more!
Enjoy your day.  Find your passion and seek it!

No comments: