Saturday, June 30, 2018

upcoming trips and local restaurants

More yoga, consulting and exploring the beauty of Denver.  This morning, I had two clients arranged and was looking forward to the intake of the second appointment.  It would have been our first session together which is always fun.  Discovering what works best for individuals keeps yoga interesting.  I was asked yesterday if I was teaching more hard core classes or to beginners.  I was honest.  I have been teaching more beginners which is making me a better instructor.  I told Matt that I decided to get certified since I felt I could teach better yoga than what I was experiencing in other cities.  Yet, the majority of people are not interested in what I thought I wanted to teach. They are interested in stretching, strengthening and building a foundation.  It is keeping me grounded and learning how to cue better.  I love it!
I thought I would detox for a few days.  That lasted for about five seconds.  I had sushi happy hour with Jenn on Thursday and explored a few new eateries along Colfax with Sara Jo last night. They are great additions for the neighborhood--finally!  The last one to open is a chain and that location is disappointing.  The drinks were unbalanced and awful.  I do like their salsa selection and guacamole but I don't think I will be frequenting their restaurant.  Seemed pretentious and as noted, the drinks were terrible. Last night we checked out the new Asian spot and new Mexican fare.  Both spots were packed and had great vibes.  There is more of a selection of food at the Asian spot and it delivered.  The new Mexican spot has a limited menu.  Maybe eight items to choose from.  The drinks were spot on and the wine list was affordable.  We sampled the chips and salsa and calabacitas.  The salsa was bland and they offered many tortillas and few squash.  I would return when they get more settled.  It definitely has promise and potential.
Sushi happy hour is one of Jenn's favorite spots in Denver.  Conveniently, is located near both of us and I do love their two for one wine offer.  However, the last few times we have visited, their a/c has been out.  On Thursday, it was pretty hot and I thought I could handle sitting in that swamp and enjoy sushi.  In hind sight, we should have left and found another spot.  In addition, they have been experiencing internet glitches and so they don't play music.  I don't want to sit in silence in a restaurant.  It was hot and irritating!  I told Jenn that I will not dine there until they fix both of those issues.  I felt like I was in AZ and sitting at a bar.  There is a thing called swamp ass that is true there.  I experienced it the other day in the sushi restaurant.
Today, I am relaxing and will pack for my upcoming trip to Santa Fe. I managed to do laundry yesterday and will probably have to do another load of it before heading to Spokane.  I will chill with friends and wine taste.  When I return, I will hit the ground running.  New job, new challenge and new people.  I am stoked!

No comments: