Sunday, June 3, 2018

yoga and travel

More yoga, some reading and dining out.  My world continues to get smaller and smaller.  My yoga client this morning mentioned stopping by my job with some friends of hers to attend a summer patio series.  I asked her who her friends were and she named off a few names and I couldn't help it.  I burst out laughing.  These ladies are notorious for their visits .  A little exhibition here and there.  They make a memory, lol.  Georgette mentioned that they had invited her to join them but declined. I would have been super surprised had she stopped in.
I began teaching Georgette in January.  Randomly, I met her while sitting bar side at a local restaurant.  She commented on my malachite bracelet and the rest is history.  We became fast friends and practiced together four times before she contacted me to tell me she needed a break.  She sustained another injury mid February and has been dealing with recovery since then.  Today, was the first day that we have practiced together in four months. It was wonderful to see her and reassesses where to build a foundation.  I believe that it will be beneficial and helpful for both of us.  I can begin to add yin into my wheelhouse.  It requires more time in poses to break thru the fascia.  I think, for Georgette, it will be appreciated and well received.  We need to strengthen her hips/sacrum and core.  Work on stabilization and build the foundation of poses.  And hold them for up to three to five minutes.  I should purchase more props to aid in the discomfort.  Props are extremely useful in this realm of yoga.
I have been seeing three to four clients regularly and I enjoy it.  I enjoy customizing treatments and seeing progress.  It gives me hope that I actually know what I am doing.  And, I continue to learn ways to incorporate what I know into individual treatments.  I love it!
Summer means the return of the farmer's market.  I am ecstatic!  I live by one of the markets and although it is small, I still find great produce on a weekly basis.  While in Santa Fe last weekend, I wish I had had more time to explore their offerings.  It is a large market that runs twice every week.  My favorite time of year is when the tomatoes are in season as well as the cucumbers.  Delicious!
I wish we would also offer that in Denver.  There is something to be said about local produce.  The quality is amazing and does not compare to what is sold at grocery stores.  There is a definite difference in taste.  I wish we had a year round market.  Hopefully, tomorrow, I can check out the market near City Park.  Soon, I will take a Sunday off and attend city park jazz.  It is a free concert series that occurs on Sunday nights.  I live two blocks from City Park.  I should absolutely make time to check it out.  Have a picnic and enjoy life.
I have friends visiting in the next month and a trip to D.C. in the works.  My  friends that are visiting Denver will have other distractions to occupy their time.  I might meet up with them for a drink.  In D.C., I hope to check out some restaurants and see old friends.  My friend hiking the Appalachian Trail will be probably wanting a clean shower and bed.  And some social interaction.  I am interested in hearing about her tales on the trail.  I can only imagine how much time she has time to reflect on life and consider what it is she wants out of life.  Endless amounts of time to think, reflect, reconsider.
Another friend of mine invited me to go wine tasting in Walla Walla.  I am thinking about it.  It would require some travel and time with her boys.  Her younger son will be our chaperone while we wine taste in Walla Walla.  I remember babysitting him years ago.  Could be interesting.
Life is grand.  I am off to practice some yoga and find a photo album.  It is time to compile Jenn's gift.  Cheers!

No comments: