Monday, June 16, 2008

summer so far...

This year has been spectacular. I mean, I spent a full year in the sun and returned to Denver amidst a cooler climate. I haven't felt overheated at night which in my mind is awesome. I love being able to sleep with the windows open and maybe a fan or two.
Last year, at my old place, my roommate, Sarajo, and I both tried to hold out on turning on the a/c. One night, we both returned from drinking and having dinner and she said--I cannot stand this heat and so in theory, she caved first. I felt superior!
Work has been good and I am enjoying the randomness of my shifts. I worked on Saturday night and although it was slow, they let me play my ipod which I love. We convinced Erik to buy us cookies and my night was set.
My new space is brilliant. I have cable. I have a bed and I love the location. Absolutely, I love it. I cannot wait to have everything in order and my house warming party. I am in the process of getting everything arranged--beer, wine, glasses. I am stoked.
Facebook is an interesting venue. I have been reconnecting with friends from high school and travel mates. I see that some of my friends are teachers and some of their contacts are their students. I wonder where the lines of inappropriateness lie. I mean, really, I remember having a crush on my teachers. It is normal, but with facebook and myspace, you are able to contact your teacher outside of class. Does this feel wrong to anyone else?

No comments: