Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

The weather in Denver is sensational. I almost regret not being here this year to celebrate Christmas. But, let's be real...I love traveling during the holidays. I despise being stuck in snow and for that, I am grateful to not be in Chicago, New York or even, Seattle this year.
Vegas should be fantastic and I will be celebrating with friends. Jimmy will depart with me from Denver and we are meeting up with Jan, Tom, Sandy, Smitty and Jerry. Cedric, who lives in Vegas, will meet us tomorrow at Nob Hill and so I will be surrounded by good people and interesting conversations.
I have a good life and wondeful people in it. I am fortunate even if I don't recognize it all of the time. For instance, my boss, Katy, surprised this year with her choice of gifts. It was as if, she heard me say what she got me...I want to be more green in my life and she got me two items that were made on recycled products. In addition, a book about traveling/volunteering which I have continued to contemplate upon my return to the States.
Shari and Tom gave me an incredible gift as well. I keep watching the slide show that they put together of my life with Brian, their life and combined families. It makes me sad and hopeful at the same time. It also motivates me to figure out where we will meet to celebrate the Brian's anniversary this year. Originally, I had planned on going to South Africa for a few months. Now, I am stateside and need to decide where to celebrate this year. I love the idea of Santa Fe, but don't want to drive in the snow. Chicago and New York present similar snow issues at the end of February. Mexico would be nice or somewhere south. I like spending time on the beach with Brian. There is something about the water and the sun that makes me feel so alive with him. Eventually, I will have a destination in mind.
Enjoy the holidays, your family and friends. I know that Vegas will provide ample food, entertainment and memories...

No comments: