Friday, December 5, 2008

Thoughts

Work is work is work.
Today started off slow, but eventually picked up. I had considered picking up a shift tonight, but then thought better of it. I mean, I don't feel fantastic and why continue to stress out about it? I need more rest, relaxation and then more rest.
Today, was beautiful. I walked to the bank, the post office and t-mobile. I have been a complete slacker when it comes to my phone. I overuse my minutes, consistently, but have done nothing to fix it until today. I definitely could handle that expense better if I upgraded to something more user friendly for me.
I don't mind the cold as long as I can comfortably still wear shorts which today was ideal. Yesterday, I found my jeans and walked to the grocery store. I had $20 to buy some veggies, salad, crasins, soup and then I had mushrooms and onions. Since I walked, I didn't have any identification with me or my debit card. As the checker scanned my items, I realized that I was over my limit and so I told him to hold the onion. He looked at me and I explained that I had walked there and only had $20 with me. He goes--why don't you just take it today? It was sweet and made my salad infinitely better. I suppose paying it forward does work.
For instance, the bartender at Elway's gave me a ride home, about 5 weeks ago since my cab didn't show up. Two weeks later, I returned the favor. I guess the lesson here is that I owe an onion to someone soon.

2 comments:

Shari said...

I can't believe the uplift emotions that you can provide. I have been a little down and I just read this blog. It is sweet and brought a smile to my face. I have been trying to be more positive and trying to not be affected by the negative around me. It's very hard sometimes but the little stories that you share with us really lift my spirits. You are paying it forward and I will try to do the same thing today.

Stay Bright,
Love Shari

harmony said...

you always pay it forward!
Thank you for the reinforcements, though. I am making a sincere effort to not get dragged into the negativity around me at work.
I look forward to your visit in January.
Be well, head up and everything will work out.
love-Harmony