Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Slumdog Millionaire

Last night, I raced out of work so that I would be able to catch a late flick. We had settled on Doubt since it is near my house but when I was trying to find a parking spot, we drove by the Mayan and it was flooded with people. They were all dressed similarly and I knew we would be waiting for 20 minutes to get in and find a seat. It reminded me of being in college when everyone wore the grungy clothes trying to be cool.
Anyways, we opted to head to the Esquire to see Slumdog Millionaire. I had wanted to see it and all I knew was that it was nominated for several awards. Wow! It was a great movie. I am so happy that we chose that movie since although it does present an alternate life to my childhood of middle class, it was uplifting. They had vivid colors of Mumbai, India, and an accurate illustration of life there in the slums. The children that protray Jamal and Salim were adorable and it held my attention throughout the 2 hours. If you have time or desire to see a great movie--go see this one!
I am on the wagon, again, starting in January and so I believe that I will have ample time to check out many movies. I would like to see Doubt, Revolution Road, The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons and a few others. I wanted to see Gran Torino, but heard that it was terrible. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Hailey said...

On the wagon?! Well girl - you better be ready to jump off it come February in Phoenix! :) I can't wait!