Saturday, February 21, 2009

another ipod bites the dust or so I think

Great.
I went to charge my ipod today and my computer wouldn't respond. Eventually, I get a message saying--this ipod is potentially corrupted and should be reset to factory settings. It also suggested replugging it in and trying again. No message and I cannot turn it off.
Funny how a year ago, my ipod was stolen from a fellow traveler from the UK. I was devastated. I made it through that crisis, returned to the States and bought a new one. Now, I am stuck. I don't want to buy a new one and I am not motivated to head to the Apple Store in Cherry Creek. I know that I will have to, eventually.
I am going to Napa and will need the ipod for the plane ride. I am excited to go to California and see Shari. I don't know where are eating outside of Bouchon and Gary Danko. My boss, Dave, raved about the place. I love California and all of the adventures that I have had there.
This year has been great. I am definitely in a better place. I feel peace around the anniversary, instead of guilt. I have friends that recently lost a brother-in-law. The man keeps confiding in me about his sister-in-law and doesn't understand how she continues to fall apart.
It isn't a simple, overnight process. I still have days where I cry and don't know why it happened. All I can say to him is--be patient and love her. Listen, don't judge and don't expect her to not express what she is going through. Everyone is different and each experience with grief is unique. I was lucky to have such a wonderful support system. I am thankful for Brian's parents in my life. They are amazing.
Well, next weekend I will be basking in wine country. Until then, the wagon moves on.

No comments: