Tuesday, February 10, 2009

home again, home again....

My trip to Phoenix was excellent. I saw old friends and older friends.
I didn't really know what to expect.
I flew in Thursday afternoon and spent a lovely day with Jan. Eventually, we met up with Tom at Los Dos Molinos, but most of our day was spent catching up and drinking wine. I always know that when I am with them, there will always be a plethora of alcohol.
I set up Jan's facebook account and met their new dog, Jax. She is an adorable puppy and super soft. I enjoyed spending time with their new dogs.
The next morning, Jan dropped me off at the airport and I waited for Hailey to arrive. She flew out of Dallas and the others were coming from Kansas City. They arrived around the same time and so all met up and went to Postino. Postino which is in Scottsdale is one of my favorite places to visit while in Phoenix. It has a nice variety of wine and great food. We sat there for quite some time and then headed to check in to the hotel.
Our hotel was between Scottsdale and Tempe. It was an ideal location, but a snow bird's resort. I know that we were the youngest guests. I think it put a lot of their husbands at ease, knowing that we weren't out trolling for men or picking them up at the hotel.
We, too, ate at Los Dos Molinos. I enjoyed the second go around too. I love the salsa and margaritas.
The next morning, we hiked Piestywa Peak. Marcee really wanted to hike. I used to hike it when I lived in Tempe. I think I implied that it was a moderate hike. I know that they enjoyed it and it was a collective sense of accomplishment. We did some shopping in Scottsdale, had drinks at the Phoenician, at sunset, and went to dinner at Pizzeria Bianco. We had an excessively long wait, but it was worth it. I think that I enjoyed my talk with Marideth the most during our wait/dinner.
Sunday was nice. We went up to Taliesen West and checked out Frank Lloyd Wright's area of Phoenix. Next, we stopped by the Botannical Gardens and were impressed by a blown glass exhibit. It was actually quite amazing and I know that Jill liked this aspect of the weekend.
We dined at 4 Peaks which is another Phoenix staple for me and then we went into downtown Tempe. They shopped and I headed to Z Tejas for margaritas with Kat. I wanted to spend some time with her and I didn't feel like shopping.
We had dinner at RA and Cafe Boa.
The next morning they all departed before me. I wish that I had had breakfast with them, but I was tired and couldn't quite do it.
I am lucky to have the people in my life that are in it. I haven't seen Marcee since our reunion and even then, it was brief. I saw Marideth a year and a half ago for lunch. I was in the area and so I made it a poIint to try and see her. I talk to Jill on the phone. I haven't seen her since the reunion, but I knew how to contact her and her, me. I probably have spent the most time with Hailey since school/college. I had a lovely time with them and hope that they feel the same way.
Life is great and I am happy.

No comments: