Wednesday, February 11, 2009

happy 60th birthday, dad...

My dad turned 60 today.
We sent him a collage and a DVD for the occasion. It was actually one of the proudest things in my life. I think we had 225 photos and it was 23 minutes long. I wish that I were there to celebrate with him!
I met up with a few of my friends from high school tonight. It was funny since although we are all from the same place, we have scattered and truly were not close during our 4 year stint in school.
When I arrived, one of the guys actually introduced himself which was funny. Of course, I knew who he was...I just didn't frequent the same social circles that he did. I told him that he should stop in and see me at the Bull since he lives in Denver.
The other two live in Kansas City. One of them is associated with me on a few different levels. I played softball with his sister for a few years. His sister and I both went to KU and so we would see each other occasionally. He knows my ex brother in law from baseball and he was involved with one of my good friends from junior high. I guess you could say--we go back aways...
The other guy is someone that I probably should have been introduced to. We had mutual friends, but he was a few years older and I remember his name being tossed around, but I don't honestly remember ever talking to him. Instead, I remember seeing him at my reunion and dancing with him at the Groove.
It was nice to see them and do a mini-tour of Denver's night life. I am glad that I made it a priority to see them and catch up and embrace the past.

No comments: