Monday, February 23, 2009

the week in review

Wow, Slumdog Millionaire rocked the Oscars and it should have. It was an amazing film. I absolutely adored it and went before it became a must-see. Remember, I was on the wagon for a month and so I saw many movies. I think I spent more money on popcorn than I would have on wine:)
I think that Sean Penn deserved to win for male actor. Of course, I enjoyed The Wrestler and it was similar to Rourke's career. Maybe he will be in more movies, now.
I am heading to Napa this Thursday. Shari and I are celebrating Brian's life. I cannot wait to meet her in Napa and eat awesome food and drink red wine, but I am sad about the occasion.
I know that I am in a better place, than previous years, but I can still feel the raw pain of the loss of Brian. I can still remember calling Michaela and leaving a terrible message on her voice mail because I couldn't reach her. I remember calling my friend, Sara Jo, and canceling our Wednesday night dinner. She called me to confirm that she too, was busy and told me that I sounded weird in my message. I go--I cannot go tonight because Brian died. She said--what? And, then, I will see you later. I know that I was in shock and that I shocked her. About 30 minutes later, she arrived at my house and said--I am sorry for what I said and of course, I wanted to be here for you. And, she was. She moved in with me and made my life so much easier. I didn't have to be alone that first year. I don't know if she knows how much I appreciated her for being there for me. She saw all of the darkness.
This week will be interesting...travel, food and wine. Of course, I need to work, too, but it will be a blur. I need to plan my restaurants and so I am off for now.

No comments: