Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cabbie confessions

Last Thursday, I went to dinner with Jimmy, Cesar, GQ, Tiffany, Dave and Lisa. Dave drove us to 12 and we had a wonderful meal. I always enjoy dining with this group of people because we share and try most of the menu. I benefit from the experience in numerous ways.
We finished and Dave returned us to the Bull--which is normal and is where I tend to get into trouble. I continue to enjoy my night, etc., and then I hear how funny I am the next day. Thursday, I wasn't too bad, but I knew that I was cabbing it home.
At last call, we called a cab and got in. Jimmy lives 6 blocks from me and so we cab it together, frequently. Our lady informs us that she needs to get gas and we were okay with it. I wasn't thrilled, but whatever, she was providing me a way home, safely.
She heads the wrong direction and drives south to Holly/Evans. We are captive in the back seat and so we wait while she pumps gas. When she gets back in the cab, she turns the meter on. I call her on it and she goes--oh? She waited until we got to Colorado Blvd., but we were still considerable south of where we started. I was furious and so I watched the meter go, go, go and when we stopped in front of Jimmy's house, I paid her, but short of what it said. I wasn't going to pay for the excursion since why should I? I told Jimmy that I didn't want her to know where I lived and so I crashed at his place to be safe.
I guess it goes to show--how easily some people take advantage of drunk people. Isn't karma involved though?

No comments: