Saturday, November 12, 2011

the last few days

Busy week and I have neglected my creative outlet.  I suck. 
Running has subsided.  First of all, I wanted a few rest days from last Sunday's 1/2 marathon and then when I arranged a running date, my friend canceled and (honestly) I was extremely relieved to put it off.  Now, I look back and know how much I benefit from that activity.  This morning, I woke up, and forced myself to go outside and greet the day.  I walked to coffee, bank and market.  Running would have been preferred but I know that I have a full day of being on my feet.  Running will have to wait until tomorrow or Monday.
I am finding it difficult to get a good night's rest as a result.  Plus, my mind races each night.  Some anxiety, excitment and knowing that I have a lot on plate to accomplish before Tuesday--opening day of the new restaurant that I am working at.  I have odd dreams of previous restaurants and random occurrences in general.  I tried counting sheep or multiplication tables and neither remedy worked.  Finally, I watched an episode of veronica mars to settle my mind.  Still, I couldn't sleep.
My food intake has suffered as well.  The last few days, I have eaten whatever is put in front of me--french fries (multiple times), greasy gyros, etc.  However, it's food and I need it.  One day, I think I ate a banana before I left for work and then ate twelve hours later since that was the first opportunity I had to find something to eat.  I opted for a slice of pizza--yummy. 
My car was in the shop which lengthened my commute and reliance on public transport.  In the past I have relied on friends but it isn't their responsibility to get me to and from work.  Thankfully, I found a bus that could get me near my mechanics instead of hiring a taxi.  I don't even want to think of what that would have cost.  When the mechanic called to tell me what I owed him, I was surprised.  About $200 more than projected--ouch.  The idea of a cab for anywhere from $50-$70 was not an option at that point.  Bus, walk, light rail--what have you---needed to work.
Last night the minute I put my head on the pillow, I was out.  I slept until about 8 am and am so thankful that I finally got a decent night of sleep.  Maybe I am realizing that everything is going to work out.  That we are going to be successful and a positive addition to the neighborhood.  Of course I have always believed this and the doubts just make me try all the more. 
I will update more later.  I am late for work~

No comments: