Monday, December 25, 2017

destinations I want to travel 2018

I was scrolling through Instagram and saw a post about 23 lists to consider completing/making for 2018.  I love this idea and many of the lists I like.  Maybe not making a list of tv shows I would like to watch.  I don't need more crap to watch.  Believe me, I am fine with the streaming of tv.  I even watch empty, vapid, mindless reality shows.  They are, by far, the worst.  So, no, I don't think I need to be making a list about that.
Destinations I want to travel.  Yea, I can absolutely do that.  There are a few definite trips early in 2018.  Nashville.  Puerto Rico.  Nashville to celebrate Brian's anniversary.  Shari and I originally planned on Charleston.  But people kept talking about Nashville and it seemed like a better fit.  Food. Music.  Great vibe.  I mentioned it to Sara Jo and she also seemed interested in going with us to Nashville.  Her exact response was--well, Jonny crashed your trip to Austin, I can crash this one.  As well as, I enjoy traveling with you and Shari.  I bought my tickets and now need to focus on the rental and what area of town.  I have time to figure it out.
Puerto Rico is to attend Tiffany and Dan's wedding.  They postponed due to the unforeseen hurricane.  They had been planning on moving there and celebrating their love by having friends and family attend their wedding in October.  They recently relocated to Rincon and are enjoying their life there.  I am excited to do yoga on the beach, check out the wine shop she raves about and spend time with them.  Support the local and see a beautiful place.
I am thinking of a European adventure.  I have always wanted to go to Greece.  I even had tickets bought and purchased before 9/11 happened a week before my confirmed departure.  I postponed my trip initially, thinking, I would wait six months and then consider an adventure across Europe. Full of rail travel, wine and sitting in cafes.  Instead, I found myself moving to Denver.
I digress.  So, yes, a trip to Greece and Spain would be optimal.  Or a trip to India to continue my yoga education.  I have been attending more classes in Denver to see what is out there and how I could contribute to the community.  I still believe I could create a niche here and have a thriving practice.  Continuing yoga at a retreat sounds incredible.  And would complete another goal--passport stamps.  Last night this older gentleman was describing his son and how much he traveled.  I'll admit.  I was a little jealous and kept listening.  Apparently at the end of next year, this guy will have visited 42 countries.  My thought was--I can do that.  Or better yet...I should do that!
Of course there will be trips to Santa Fe.  That is a given.  Maybe even in January?  Or in April.  I am trying to figure out.  I need to get my Ojo fix as well as see friends and eat green chile.  It is enticing and too close to not try to drive down multiple times a year.
California.  This year I returned to L.A. and toured the city with Shari and Marc.  Great food and a fun time.  I feel that I should return to San Fran and give some love to Napa and Sonoma.  It has been too long since I have toured the wineries.  Moreover, I have a friend that owns a shop there that I would love to check out.  I met Jarred in 2006 when I visited Napa for the first time.
I am a little distracted it being Christmas and all.  I am thankful to be able to spend the day with friends.  I need to get up and finalize my gifts and treats and make my way over to their home.  I told Jenn I would wear my lobster pants.  I need to figure out how cold it is outside before committing to that.  Also figure out what shoes to wear.  My boots that I bought for the season hurt my feet and my older boots (think 2001 or 2002) also wear on my heels.  I could wear my sneakers but they have mesh which would get wet in the snow.  I am confused as to which ones to wear.  Oh well.
I will revisit this list in the next week.  For sure--there will be Nashville, Puerto Rico, Santa Fe, maybe Greece or India.  Texas could be a destination?  I don't know.  Maybe another trip to Argentina?  I don't know....

No comments: