Saturday, February 3, 2018

goals of myself and others

Ground hog Day.  Shout out to my friend Jennifer who is celebrating her birthday and preparing for her adventure on the AT.  Yep, she will be hiking the Appalachian trail beginning in March.  I imagine that she is downsizing, organizing and prepping for her upcoming journey.  If it were me, I would be mentally preparing for the alone time and detaching from all of the chatter/distraction that I surround myself with.  Not having my phone would be a challenge.  Although, ten years ago, it would have been a breeze.  Seriously.  I used to despise the thought of having a cell phone.   Of being available at any hour of the day. Stubbornly, I chose to not have one.  I had an answering machine and felt that was good enough.
Now, I wake up and almost always check my phone when I wake. To check the time.  To see my note from the universe (yes, I like tut.com and receiving inspirational messages.)  To perhaps, sleep in and hit snooze.  I typically then check messages, emails, social media.  It is a time suck!  And one that I rely on.  It would be nice to disengage and fully be present in my surroundings.  I admire Jennifer for choosing to accomplish this goal.  I will be meeting up with her in D.C. some time in June to check in and see what she has experienced.  And, explore the Capitol and see Megan, aka Sipper.  It will be a fantastic time.
It's also Finn's second birthday.  Lindsay is in Nicaragua on a coffee exploring adventure with her job.  She returns tomorrow and I know will spend time with her son/family then.  I hope to meet up with her, too.  See the littles and have a home cooked dinner.  I am in.
Today, I saw the trainer and afterwards had a luxurious lunch.  I was ready and hope to continue to do this.  I met Jenn at a French place.  Mussels, French fries and Chilean sea bass.  Personally, I would have preferred the salmon blt but she wasn't too interested.  The mussels and sea bass were great.  We opted to sit bar side in spite of the fact that there wasn't too much room.  Four seats with decorative crap, a cell phone and sunglasses.  We were seated at the chef bar which can always be a treat.  Being entertained by the chef is always fun and this did not disappoint.
Afterwards, I walked home and thought of what it is I would like to pursue.  I considered positive attributes of my life and how I get spun out on negative things.  Ultimately, I can only change myself.  I can only improve my present and that is what I intend to do.
More yoga.  More travel.  More work.
2018 I hustle.  Maybe I will get a shirt to reflect it.  I like it.  I like the connection friendly aspect of it.  My little sister sent me a shirt that said bridesmaid.  I was unable to attend her party but I did make it to the wedding and rehearsal dinner.  They sent me a shirt about two weeks afterwards.  I think  I can work it into my rotation of workout shirts.   Seems suitable.
I reconnected with an old friend from Phoenix.  He messaged me early this morning. I had woke up and was unable to get back to sleep.  Tyler is in Las Vegas, visiting, and saw that I was active on social media.  We exchanged some messages and from this I learned that he is currently in Lake Havasu, AZ, living and enjoying life.  He might check out Denver to see me and my Mini.  We all worked together at a brewery in its infant stages.  I try to remain in contact with people in my life.  I like catching up and seeing what they are doing now.  Of course, I believe, it would be easier to see him if he were in Phoenix.  There really isn't a reason to head to Lake Havasu in the foreseeable future.  I have been, once, when I was in college.  So, in order to catch up in person, he might have to come up to Denver, lol.
I am off to teach, iron and enjoy a Saturday.  Cheers!

No comments: