Wednesday, January 31, 2018

New days and yoga

New day to celebrate life.  It is the 31st of January.  One of my first boyfriend's birthday.  David and I have remained friends since then.  I met him while working at a gift shop in a Holiday Inn.  He worked in the restaurant and went to another high school where I grew up. He was a year older than me and ironically, best friends with my ex brother in law.  That is another story altogether.  I have known him since I was 15. 
We dated when I was in college and remained friends when it became clear that we were better friends.  We both lived in Phoenix for a stretch and reconnected when I moved there.  Eventually he moved to Nebraska and then to Tennessee where he has remained.  Married, two kids and happy.  Somehow, someway, we have always contacted each other on the others birthday.  It is a conversation I always look forward to.  He is good people!  And, I think he might try to meet up with us while I am in Nashville.  That would be awesome and another friend for Shari to meet.  She has met quite a few on our anniversary adventures.  She met grizzly Adams in Las Vegas and another memorable character from my life is Jonny.  He crashed our trip to Austin and it was entertaining for sure.
So, good day to celebrate life and teach yoga.  I practiced with one of my friends and it is very interesting to see how different yoga is for every person.  I could teach more vinyasa with my friend, Jenn, and connecting sequences. I am excited about incorporating more of that into my teaching.  I think I have forgotten that aspect since I have not been practicing with people that have a solid foundation of yoga.  I have been focused on how yoga can impact individual needs.  I would like to get back to challenging myself to teaching some sequences.  I know that it will come and I am ready.  I like having opportunities to teach and am excited as more arise.
Afterwards, I went to a vinyasa class at the nearest studio.  Recently, I have found an instructor that I like. Although, I do not love her having us start in child's pose for ten minutes.  Seriously, my mind won't shut off and I am freaking out about the discomfort in my hips.  I despise being stuck in that posture for so long.  Yet, today, since I had taught a class prior to the class, I was able to power through it.  I felt very light and inversion friendly.  I took many opportunities to balance and do inversions.  Even a little showing off.  I couldn't help it, lol.  All, in all, it was a great class.  When she finished the class, she let us in on her future plans.  She would be returning to the corporate world and giving up her classes on Wednesdays.  I am bummed since I felt that I finally found someone that I could stomach to attend semi-regularly.  I like her music selection.  Mostly, soulful and enjoyable.  I am going to miss her and the opportunity to do a noon class.  I am curious as to who will take it over.  Since I close on Wednesdays, I have more options to check out classes during the day instead of only attending to the 5:30 am slot.  I like having options.
It is all coming together and I love it.  I am excited for the evening and hopefully teaching my sous chef tomorrow.  Cheers!  And make it a great day.

No comments: