Tuesday, November 11, 2008

drinks with friends...

I met Jenny tonight. I have known Jenny since we were 10.
We met at Trios and we had a nice time. Actually, Trios has a great happy hours--half price wine and pizza until 7 pm. The selection is nice and diverse...it skewed towards California and Australia--both places that I frequent. I was happy.
We had a wonderful conversation. I miss her. We meet about every 6 months based upon scheduling and availability.
Tomorrow, my friend, Hailey, is turning 32. I suppose she really will be old tomorrow. It's only funny since she sent me a note about a conversation that she recently had about age. She looks fantastic and shouldn't worry about age or anything! We all conceptualize how we are supposed to be or what we should be doing with our lives. Things change. People change. Adaptations occur.
There is not set path.
I realize that now. I miss Brian. I had a dream about him last night. I was shopping for a dress. I was confused and couldn't decide. I found a brown strapless dress. I tried it own and the clerk told me that everything had been taken care of and that there was a note for me. It was from him. He said that I should enjoy it and that it would look great on me.
I woke up.
I guess that it is a reminder that he is present in my life.

2 comments:

Shari said...

Hello,

I just caught up with your blog. The one down fall about going to night school is loss of contact with family and friends. When I'm not is school I am zoned out or studying.

I'm glad you shared your dream with us. I think that sometimes we have so much external stimulation that we don't slow down long enough to hear or feel their presence. I've heard that dreams are one way for loved ones to communicate with us.

I too am interested in meditation. One of my instructors strongly believes that we must slow down and massage with intent. I agree. I believe that meditation is necessary to slow down and be able to truly experince life. I'm working on it. I did't know they held seminars on meditation. I will have to check into it. Maybe they have them in Santa Fe. That would be a great place to visit again.

A big hello to your aunt Bryn and sisters. I haven't had much time and feel bad that I haven't communicate with them.

Jade, how are you feeling? You must be close to delivering. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

This is a little long winded and I should get back to work. I am hoping to take a little longer lunch break and do some homework. We are working on physiology and it makes my head hurt.

Take Care and we will talk soon,
Love Shari

Hailey said...

Hey Harm!
I am honored to be mentioned in your infamous blog - thank you! You are such a wonderful treasured friend - who I always carry around with me in my "pocket". I think of you all of the time and love you dearly.

Thanks for sharing your moment with Brian...I say it's a moment and not a dream b/c I have had one or two of these vivid moments with my Dad and they are so special. I wouldn't trade them for the world b/c that's all I have to look forward to from him anymore. At times he references the boys etc...and that is what means the most - that he knows they are here and that he loves them...and they him.

I can't wait until February - I miss you terribly!

Love ya!
H