Monday, November 10, 2008

SImplicity

Progress being made...I finally reorganized my room and it feels fantastic. I find myself putting my stuff on whatever space is available. Eventually, everything is buried and I cannot find anything.
I need to simplify my life.
I think of how I traveled--one back pack, two pairs of shoes, shorts and one skirt. I acquired a sarong due to necessity in Fiji, 4 shirts, two t-shirts, one of Brian's Hawaiian shirts, an ipod, a charger, toiletries--too many due to contacts/glasses, and I started off with 6 books. It was stupid. They weighed me down and at the end, I had my two journals that I had to have a 1 book that I would switch out for reading. I loved the simplicity of my life. I didn't carry a phone. I paid to be on-line and I had journals to write. I was free.
I need to cleanse my closet, my books and my journals. I know it. I have little compared to most, but still it is too much. I went to yoga this afternoon and the theme of the day was to simplify. I suppose that is why I am on this tangent.
Plus, I bought a vacuum today. There was so much dog hair in my house. It was pathetic. I like to feel like it is cleansed, now.
In the broader sense of my life, I embrace other areas to cleanse too. I am ready to simplify and feel positive about what I am doing and embarking on. I am ready for a new challenge that involves growth, travel and perhaps, wine. We shall see...any ideas, let me know.

No comments: