Saturday, November 22, 2008

The upcoming holidays

Thanksgiving in Oregon--my first time.
I enjoy Thanksgiving. I always have. I love turkey, stuffing, apple pie. I love the family aspect of it, too. Perhaps not the whole clean up business, but otherwise, I truly love Thanksgiving.
This year it should be interesting. I suppose I have been spoiled in the past. The weather in Denver is brilliant and each year, I was either at Bryn's family or with Brian. Bryn's dad makes the best stuffing and it is always fun to see all of her brother's and sister's.
Last year, I was in Renwick, New Zealand, at a bed and breakfast. I spent two days at the Olde Mill B & B. The couple that owned it were friendly and welcoming. The first night, the house was empty except for us and the following evening, a Canadian couple joined us. I spent the holidays drinking wine and biking around the area. On Thanksgiving, I wanted mashed potatoes, but the English pub in Renwick that I went to didn't have bangers and mash or anything. I think I settled for their version of nachos. It was awesome and I miss it.
I look forward to meeting my nephew and spending time with my sisters and dad. We will be celebrating my dad's 60th this week. Whatever we do, it will be great. I hope yours is as well.

No comments: