Saturday, November 8, 2008

Mundane randomness....

Work is work is work.
This morning, I woke up and felt--what am I doing? Do I really have to work tonight?
Then, I was grateful for my job and the opportunities that are presented because of my job at the Bull and Bush. My friends, Steve and Sarah, stopped in for dinner and it was great to catch up with them. I am tryng to persuade Pocketsize to meet Sara Jo and I in Chicago sometime in March. Initially, we were going to go on Sara Jo's 30th, but I don't know if 100% it will work out that way for us. It might be easier for everyone to go a week before or after. I don't know and there are several months to plan this particular weekend. I am stoked whenever we go.
My aunt is going to a meditation seminar tomorrow. I considered going, but I don't know if I could handle a full day or meditation. I am trying to get interested in it, but a full day seems like a bit much. I did a guided 10 minute meditation and afterwards, felt fantastic. I want to meditate, daily, even twice a day before I take on a full day seminar.
I am embracing the changes in my life. I am trying to get rid of the the toxicity of some of my associations/friendships. Life is too short to just be or to accept when things aren't right. Why strive for mediocrity? My brother-in-law reminded me of that tonight. He is pursuing his PhD at the University of Oregon. He is having a difficult time accepting some of their regulations and being happy in his life.
I keep telling him that it is almost over.
For Thanksgiving, I am staying with him and his two crazy dogs. My dad is staying with Michaela and Michaela, and Jade, will have a full house with the new baby. Thanksgiving should provide plenty of distraction and dynamics...fun for everyone...

No comments: