Thursday, January 1, 2009

happy 2009

I worked this morning...it was nuts.
I arrived, ate some eggs and tortillas (which the kitchen knew I needed) and then got slammed with people. Overall, my sales were $1475. Thankfully, I retained my good mood.
I know. Anybody that knows me, knows that I am impatient. Today, for whatever reason, I kept it together. People were great and understood that we were busy and tha no, I can't stand by you and keep your coffee filled. I had this one customer that I like sit in my section. Honestly, I think he was embaressed by his friends and how unreasonable they were. I don't even need to say anything.
As it continued to flood with people, I became slap happy. My one table ordered 4 bloody marys and 2 mimosas. As I dropped them off, I knocked three of them into each other and spilt them on me and one of the girls. This guy followed me up to the well and handed me twenty bucks. He explained with--you are going to have a great day.
Later, a group of 11 showed up with their own needs/wants. I tried to appease them, but know it lacked, somewhat. I cleared the table and drenched myself in strawberry puree. Seriously, you could have eaten off my legs and what I had collected from my shift.
Overrall, I was happy, made great money and have polished off some wine to celebrate 2009. I am on the wagon tomorrow...

No comments: