Monday, March 21, 2011

best news ever....well, to me....

I have been active on the internet today. I suppose the fact that, last week, I had difficulty finding an internet connection could be reason for it. I never thought I would be so reliant on the internet, but I am. Daily, I check my e-mail, facebook and blogs that I follow. Addict, you could say.
After my umpteenth time of perusing e-mail, I received a message from Lindsay informing me that she was signing up for the 1/2 Marathon. Can you stay stoked? This is awesome news. We ran that 1/2, together, last year and I am seeking redemption. Plus, I really enjoy running with Lindsay. This will be our fourth half marathon running together. Training really starts, tomorrow. Now that I have concrete proof that she is running, I will get serious about my training. I don't want to hold her back or force her to walk the majority of the course. If I remember correctly, the initial four miles of that course is all uphill. Lovely.
I hope that Sara signs up, too. I am not going to hassle her, though. If she feels confident in her ability, she will. It all goes back to how much she is currently running. Sara and I differ on how we train. She can run endless laps around Cheesman Park whereas I must change up my routine. I enjoy running to Wash Park, completing a lap and then returning to Capitol Hill. Other times, I will cut up Alameda and return down Speer Blvd. I enjoy parks, but prefer more urban routes. I am not forced to only run on trails, yet. My knees hold up, for now.
Sara tends to run, solo, at Cheesman Park. Even if she is behind in training, she won't stop during an event to walk. She refuses to stop. Persistent, determined, capable. She is a bad-ass. Me, I run for myself and have been known to walk if need be. I want to be able to run for the rest of my life without pain.
I have another friend, Jenn, that is also signed up for the event. We have not run together, though. I am a little fearful. Jenn is a "run" runner. I definitely do not want to hold her back. My comfort zone is running with Lindsay or Sara.
In her e-mail, she also relayed some other good news. Being positive is contagious and I am thankful for Lindsay's friendship. Her e-mail made me smile. She reminded me to enjoy the present moment and life. The rest is just b.s.
Yes, this news is welcome. I am now committed to this event.

No comments: