Tuesday, March 29, 2011

running

Happy Tuesday! Tuesday means I am one day closer to the upcoming 1/2 Marathon that I foolishly signed up for in January. I talked my friends into running it as well. I know that Jenn is in as is Lindsay. Sara hasn't responded to a few e-mails that I have sent her. I have no idea whether or not she will be running the Horsetooth 1/2 with us or not. I hope that she does, but have a feeling that she is out. Next year. We always have that to look forward to. I believe this course will continue to be a redemption type of race. I am always going to want to improve my time. The 4 mile hill at the beginning is challenging and something to overcome. I was unprepared for it due to my own lack of research. Still, I had a blast running with Lindsay. The celebration, afterwards, at the Crown Pub was delightful, too. I think they had an omelette with avocado. Heavenly. My plans of having all of my races figured out have not happened. I am fortunate to have one on the books for 2011. Things happen and time moves on. Last year, while in Healdsburg, my three friends and I remarked that we should run another destination wine race together. Sipper returned to the East Coast and found us a race immediately. I told her that I was in. I would run the race in Virginia even if I was the only one. Something kept nagging at me and so I put it off. Finally, I e-mailed Megan and said--I am about to sign up for the 1/2. You are registered, right? No response for a few days. I am waiting to board a flight out of Miami to Key West, when she texts me that we should talk, later that day, when it would be convenient for me. I arrive in Key West, shower, and begin my adventure there. She calls me and says--I have news. Translation--she's pregnant. I knew it with certainty, before, she told me. She said she would sign up for the 1/2 and run. And, believe me, she would. She is a determined chick. But, would it be fun for both of us to run? Probably not the same experience we had in California. I suggested waiting til 2012 or 2013. Being 6-7 months pregnant and running 13 miles, although do-able, does not sound like a good time to me. Moreover, it is a wine race. I am going to want to focus on that aspect of the event. Yes, another year would be preferable. From there, I sort of sat back and watched things happen in life. True, I continued to run and I love it. My focus was no longer of what events to sign up for. I should take, today, and do that. I want to complete two to three 1/2's this year and one full. I like the idea of a fall marathon. Maybe I can convince the Goddess to embark on another marathon experience. If she would sign up for one, I would definitely consider running with her. Hmmmmm. Maybe I will convince her at the 1/2. Regardless, I want to get outside and enjoy some fresh air. No more slacking when it comes to training...

No comments: