Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Chicago...sort of.....

I lost my posting about Chicago...public transport, 10k, Petite Petit.  WTF?  I tried to add a photo and was unable to find the correct photo album.  Then, I went to return to the posting and found a blank slate.  Maybe it wasn't that interesting.  Yet, I thought it was.
I mentioned how brilliant of a city Chicago is.  I know I am not the only one that thinks this.  It is a pleasureable city.  User friendly, foodie, wine, beer bars and extremely accessible via public transport.  We took the El everywhere and it was great.  Cheap and effective.  Who wouldn't enjoy Chicago?
I had photos to illustrate how lovely it is....food, wine and of course, land scape shots.  I have no idea what happened or why I am experiencing difficulty with posting.
Just know this....I had a divine time with Sara Jo.  My third visit.  Her first.  I think she fell in love with it, though.  It's easy to...in the summer.  I think the winters would be harsh and unbearable to me.  I love the sun to doom and gloom.  Plus, it's cold.  Bone chilling cold that I am not used to.  I think I prefer visiting to living.  Maybe a friend of mine will relocate there and soon.
We took the el, walked or rode in cabs to explore the city.  Lovely.  We dined at Charlie Trotter's, a cuban/latin inspired cafe, eno, purple pig and le colony.  I would have loved to have more time to check out other eateries.  I felt fortunate to have dined at Trotter's--such an iconic place for fine dining/cuisine.  Moreover, I was with someone that appreciated the experience as much as I did.  I really enjoyed that.
I must figure out what happened to the previous post.  My thoughts were more focused.  I think the heat is effecting me.  More later...

No comments: