Monday, March 24, 2014

Memories

Long day of basketball, heartbreak and then sadness.  Of course, I was scheduled to work when my team was playing.  Never a good thing.  I don't enjoy watching basketball while working.  I cannot fully watch it or enjoy the experience.  Mostly, I get upset when they make a bad play or lose.  Yesterday was a perfect example of why I do not relish watching my team while working.
The heartbreak is also associated with basketball.  I did not do a bracket this year.  Had I, I would have put KU as the champion.  I want them to win each year.  It is heart wrenching to watch the loss.  I know that I am not alone in this as a fan.
I finished work and considered a friend for dinner.  It was a thought but neither of us could decide on a place to meet.  I wanted mexican food and had a place in mind.  She was up north with her dogs and I did not want to drive to north Scottsdale to meet up for dinner.  We opted to take a rain check.  I made it home, in time, to catch the latest episode of the good wife.  I have watched that series from the beginning.  It's excellent.  The writing, acting, creativity.  I was waiting for my delivery to arrive when the episode ended in such a forceful way.  One of the main characters was killed off and it was shocking.  Seeing how the other characters responded to the death reminded me of what I went through with my own loss.  I remember meeting a friend for happy hour at this cute wine bar above a bookstore in Denver.  I would meet this girl, Nicole, randomly, for happy hour. She provided entertainment with her stories of men, work and friends.  I met her at the wine bar and she had this book with Bitch in the title.  We started talking and meeting for drinks after that encounter.
Anyways, we had met on a Tuesday for drinks and I was telling her of my recent fight with Brian and how we were now in a better place after fighting.  We wanted to have a future together--kids, a house, a future.  We finished and I went back to my apartment and waited for Brian to get home.  Instead, I got a call that there had been an accident.
Just like that, my world changed.  One moment everything was normal, with happiness and a future.  When I saw the episode last night, that's what I remembered.  In the series, they were making headway with a storyline where the two main characters were working towards a better place.  There had been a break and a lot of anger between them.  It resonated into hostility and was displayed, very well, by the writing and acting.  It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season develops.
I suppose it is nice to remember when things were beautiful and reflect on where I am now and where I am heading.  For me, all it is is different and constantly evolving.  Life is grand and I will always have the beautiful memories of my time with Brian.

No comments: