Friday, August 1, 2014

missing the lovely yoga community in AZ

I wish I could explain how much I love the yoga community in Phoenix.  While living there, I couldn't wait to go elsewhere.  The summers are brutal and the thought of doing another one inspired me to go elsewhere.  I am a complete baby when it comes to weather.  Denver was actually quite lovely.  I wore shorts year round.  While in Phoenix, I would wear pants during the winter and as little as possible in the summer.  The other day while waiting to be picked up, I sat outside, for three minutes and was sweltering.  I thought, I could use another shower.
I knew that I would miss yoga.  I did.  However, I remained confident that I would find an adequate substitute wherever I ended up.  How wrong I was.  Seriously.  It has been a rough three months.  Me, wanting to find a power vinyasa flow and settling for a subpar practice.  There are a few instructors that I enjoy but they are few and far between.  I sought out an ambassador at Lululemon and that girl told me to attend the current studio that I am attending and mentioned the two instructors that I regularly attend.  Ironic. I was hoping for a more optimistic prognosis.  Meaning, I wanted to know that there was another studio in this city that I might enjoy.  Unfortunately, that seems to be a pipe dream.  I found the instructors that are considered challenging, with good music and a flow.  I do like them.  I just wanted more.  I expected more as I was used to more.
 The other day in Phoenix, I felt so alive with the flow.  It was challenging and I felt we could have done more.  I liked the music and the class was fantastic. If only I would have been able to fit another class in.
I tried.  I mentioned it to my friend that I was staying with.  How much I missed the yoga community in Phoenix.  Thursday morning, I woke up and my friend offered to take me to yoga.  I was ecstatic.  Thrilled. Beside myself. I didn't care that I would be going to a different studio than the one I preferred.  I was happy for the opportunity to practice in a heated environment, decent flow and music.  I knew, from experience, that the latter two would lack in my mind but still be an improvement to Santa Fe.  We had a few errands to run and a vet appointment.  I dressed in my yoga attire and then had to change back into regular clothes when I missed the class. Disappointed to say the least.  Vet appointment was overextended.
Still, very grateful for the one class on Wednesday.  I feel rejuvenated.  Motivated to get certified and change the dynamic of my current situation.  I know that I can no longer complain about it.  I need to take action.  I must take action.  I will.
Tomorrow is a new day and after the last day I should go running or find a yoga class.  Running will win as I know that tomorrow the classes offered, pre-work are limited.  I am not a fan of the gong inspired class.  What happened to hip hop is all I gotta say?

No comments: