Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sometimes a country song puts everything back in perspective...

Well, I did grow up in Kansas. I should not be too surprised that I find roots in country music. The more traditional country music mixed in with nashville cast.  I love that station on pandora.  I gravitate to it while contemplating the lesson I am learning now.  Patience.
Patience in discovering the ideal thing for me to be doing.  In the meantime, I plan trips.  I have two opportunities to go abroad in the fall and I think I can make it happen.  Then, I think, why not?  I have friends in other countries and have cultivated the friendship to encourage a return trip.  Why not explore more of the world?
Agnese is in Geneva.  I met her when she was visiting Denver in 2010. We went to Rockies games, trail running and dinner.  She had this love of onion rings.  It was funny!  Anyways, in 2012, I visited her in Geneva and Italy.  I loved the trip and then, in 2013, she and her boyfriend met Sara Jo and I in Santa Barbara for a half marathon.  We spoke of going to Spain with the Goddess, Sara Jo, myself and Agnese.  I think it will just be me and Agnese as life as chosen different paths for the others.  Lindsay has more responsibility at her job and an adorable (almost 2 year old) to hang out with.  Jetting off to Spain is not an option at this point.
Sara Jo also has work responsibilities and her brother recently returned, stateside, and so she has the opportunity to spend time with him.  Plus, she has been to Spain, twice, in her life.  I think she can skip this trip easily.
The other trip that I am considering is a trip to the Bahamas.  I met Shar in Chile in 2008.  We spent five days, together, in a hostel in Valparaiso.  First, though, we met in Santiago.  We stayed at an American run hostel where we encountered bed bugs.  I was horrified and the owner told me that it was the Peruvians fault.  Didn't take into consideration that he would need to spray the bed bugs to stop the spread or that he had a problem.  The man was a jackass.  The hostel owner in Valpo was also American but kind.  He was mortified when my ipod was stolen from my bag in the locker.  He was great and a complete opposite of the other owner.  I extended my stay at his hostel due to his graciousness.
Anyways, I visited Shar in 2010 (I think).  It was awesome.  She lived a few blocks from the beach and I soaked it all up.  I was still in my healing mode of travel.  Soulful, reflective, healing.  I would like to return to explore more of that region.  Plus, the beach will be welcome in October.  Maybe scuba a little or snorkel.  I think it is going to happen.
For the rest of the day, I will enjoy the roots of my upbringing. I do love me some country every once in a while....

No comments: