Monday, August 8, 2016

Happy Monday!  It is going to be a great week.  I feel it.  I have managed to arrange a few treatments--massage and chiropractor adjustment.  As well as scheduling a couple yoga sessions in my apartment.  I will teach a fellow instructor.  Although her focus is Barre and so it will be interesting to see what she has to say.  I went to a few classes as a student in the last week.  I missed being led and wanted to see what is currently being taught.  An intention is always set in the class and some emphasis is placed on breath.  There seems to be a disconnect, though, with why we breathe and how important it is to yoga.  One of the sequences was not user friendly.  I think the instructor put thought into it, sure.  But it didn't flow well. 
I am hoping to continue my practice.  I told my dad that I wanted to continue my training to be inspired and invigorated.  My friend/mentor, Paige, has a training in Hawaii in February and another in April in Nepal.  The idea of Nepal is intriguing but costly.  At this point, I think I might benefit doing something local and/or cost effective.  Local meaning Arizona or New Mexico.  I love the scene in Phoenix and feel that I could benefit from another training there at a later date.  I think I want to continue seeing different approaches and perspectives.  I would love to go to Hawaii but timing wise, it doesn't gel. It cannot be an option as I will be heading to Los Angeles to celebrate Brian's life.  Shari and I chose that location while in Vietnam.  I haven't been to L.A. since 2007 with the exception of a brief layover in 2012.  My friend, Marc, relocated there and so we will hopefully meet up with him for a few martinis.  Marc is a vodka man. 
I might venture out to the suburbs to check out a friend's yoga studio.  I would love to take her class but currently, my schedule does not permit it.  We will see.
Or there is another studio that is based out of Arizona.  It is a heated studio and I love the owner.  She is gracious, welcoming, friendly.  I like her and wish I loved her sequence based classes.  I don't.  However, I do like that they are a legit heated studio.  If only it were closer.  Still I might make the 5:30 am class tomorrow.
I will be in AZ in a few weeks.  I wanted to go shopping and see friends.  I figure I could do some yoga--maybe practice teach on a few of my friends and hit a studio that I like.  I only took a few days off.  In hindsight, I should have taken more.  That way I could really take the time to do yoga. And see all of my friends.  The list continues to grow.  There is Cody, Justin, Christina, Jan, Lisa, the people at former jobs....Of course, I would love to see all of them and dine.  Probably not the best plan and so I will make some modifications.
I have a few weeks to figure it out.  In the meantime, I seem to fill up my days off with friends, travel or yoga.  This week, I will see my friend, Janna.  I met her while living in Phoenix yet both of us are from Kansas.  She had lived in Denver and fell in love with the city similar to me.  Her job took her to Phoenix up until last week.  We are going to meet for happy hour on Wednesday.  Thursday I am either meeting the Goddess or Lydia for yoga. 
There are other opportunities that will occur.  I feel it.  Today is a great day.

No comments: