Saturday, January 6, 2018

Destinations to travel

Destinations to travel, 2018 and beyond
India for yoga.  Passport stamp and an opportunity to grow.   To become more confident with my Sanskrit and immerse myself in a retreat.  Best way to learn something new.  Block out all of the distractions and grow.
Greece for wine, beauty and well, it's Greece.
Phoenix for a yoga retreat and kick refresher.  The yoga community in Phoenix is strong and I miss it.  I would love to return for a portion of an intensive if only to see what they are focusing on currently.  I have learned more as a student and enjoy being able to incorporate teachings and techniques into my own practice. Recently, I returned to teachers in Denver that I have avoided due to being bored in their classes.  I have found that they have not grown their practice.  It remains stagnant and uninspired.
Or, I saw a newer teacher in a class that I frequent doing the sequence alongside us.  I was surprised at her lack of ability to do the basic vinyasa sequence.  Why teach if you don't practice?  It inspires me to do more of my own and build a practice here. I know there is a niche for me here.
An Island.  Who doesn't enjoy a beach vacation?  Reading, relaxing, maybe even attempting to surf.  Perhaps another trip to Costa Rica is in my future.  I know of a surf school in Domincal that was popular with tourists and locals and had a great hippie vibe. I am sure that yoga is around somewhere as well.
I met with a medium yesterday and had an incredible reading.  She kept mentioning travel in my healing process.  And Brian was brought up a lot.  I try to quash that sensation of grief always.  Yet, it remains and colors my world.
I am planning on going to Spain in 2019 to celebrate Sara Jo's 40th birthday.  And the Goddess's birthday as well.  We chatted about the possibility after my birthday in New Orleans.  I have amazing friends that have supported me on multiple occasions.  I would love to check out Spain with them.  Maybe Morocco, too.  I don't know.  I am really open to anything.
More of Africa?  Southeast Asia?  Tokyo?  There is a whole world out there that I would love to explore.  I see a trip to Santa Fe in my near future.  Could use some green chile and silver coin margaritas.
I taught yoga to Georgette today and feel I could have made it a little more fluid.  I had a few stops/hesitations while she rested in child's pose. Next week my intention is to have a solid plan and stick with it.  Since I am not teaching the traditional sequence I am finding some difficulty in timing.  It is forcing me to become more equipped to teach outside of what is comfortable to me.  I am enjoying it.
I might have an opportunity to teach at a studio, too.  I am still trying to figure that out.  It might cut into my travel so I am waiting it out.  We will have to see.
Today is a new day.  I will be working shortly and walking to get there.  It is such a gorgeous day outside.

No comments: