Monday, January 22, 2018

Lazy days off are the best

Yesterday, I took the day off due to overscheduling and the weather.  I had no interest in making my way downtown in the snow storm that we encountered.  In all honesty, it was not too terrible and I have definitely experienced worse in Denver. My mini texted me that she would be unable to meet me due to the blizzard, lol.  I thought that was exaggerating a touch.  Yet, this is Kristina's first true winter here.  And it has been mild.  I think I have worn short sleeves and shorts more than anticipated.  It has been a mild, mild winter.  And I love it!
I binge watched a show on showtime.  Sorta lame, but completely honest.  I didn't feel like getting out of bed or greeting the day until I was fully ready.  I did order pad thai around 2 and walked over to pick it up.  I realized that I no longer have adequate boots to walk in the snow.  I bought a pair earlier this year and was haste in purchasing them.  I wore them on my road trip back to Kansas and they hurt my feet.   Like crunched my feet and I tore them off while driving along 1-70.  I couldn't take it anymore.  My other pair of boots, I have had since 2002.  They are beat to shit and although do fit my feet they are broken and create massive blisters on the back of my feet.  They are no longer a viable option.
I digress.  I returned home, ate lunch and continued to snuggle in my home.  Eventually, like 7:30, I finally took a shower.  This is so atypical.  I never stay all day in glasses, jammies and alternating between the couch and my bed.  It was lovely!
On Saturday, I taught yoga.  It is something that I am committed to doing more of and expanding my teaching repertoire.  I met my client while dining downtown a few months ago.  Innocently, she commented on my malachite bracelet and that was it.  We were chatting about travel, food and yoga.  I like that Georgette wants to be doing more yoga and meets me weekly.  She is dealing with a lower back injury which forces me to alter how I teach.  It is forcing me to think outside of what I would normally teach.  I love it.  I considered postponing our session since the women's march started at 8:30 on Saturday.  I wanted to attend this year.  Last year, I was in Colombia gorging myself on arepas and cheap beer.  My friend, Cody, and I had arranged the trip before they announced there would be a march in January.  I regretted not being able to attend the initial year and wanted to go this year.
I caught the tail end and it was incredible.  I wish I had been able to do the march.  I saw photos of it and it looked amazing.  I heard a speaker and the aura of all of the attendees were inspiring. Many signs, hats, solidarity.  It was uplifting and a start.  Something to build on and I think it absolutely will.  I think I carried that vibe the rest of my day.  Huge grin, motivated and wanting to spread joy.
About to start the day.  Perhaps yoga?  Or, there might be an opportunity to meet up with my Aunt Becky who I have not seen in 27 years.  More on that later.
Embrace the day and enjoy some sunshine!!!

No comments: