Saturday, January 27, 2018

upcoming trips, upcoming hopes and letting go of some others

The last few days I have finally arranged my airbnb in Nashville.  It took awhile.  I wanted to perfect space--location, communication with the hosts and space.  I am uncertain if Sara Jo is joining Shari and I.  That being said, I still wanted more than one room to create space for our five day exploration of the city.  From the brief visit from my aunt, I realized that I like being able to decompress, aka disappear, into my room.  It's nice to have a space to not feel like you are performing, lol. I read one of my books or streamed an episode of something.
I wanted to make sure that we would be able to do that while in Nashville.  Five days is five days.  So in spite of whether or not Sara Jo comes with us, I wanted an extra room.  Location was another hurdle to overcome.  I kept gravitating to the east side.  Being downtown can be fantastic or limiting.  I wanted to explore as much of the city as I could.  I didn't only want to discover bars and restaurants downtown.  There are a multitude of rentals throughout the city.  Some of the ones that were further away had the best amenities but then getting to and from becomes an issue.  I feel better that I secured a place and now am interested in the dining scene.  I thought there might be a no reservations on it or something.  I am still looking into that prospect.  I posted a needing suggestion on my social media and a few people responded.  Mostly bbq, live music and a few other places.  I guess I should be more specific.  I want a nice place for an incredible meal.  Tapas are fine.  Great wine list is a must and fun atmosphere.  I don't only want to surround myself with bbq or fried foods.  I want more variety and I am sure that I can find something.  I know that there is a plethora of restaurants and food.  It is a burgeoning scene.  I just need to actually research it.  And experience it.
In other news, I met with my Mini and arranged a twice a month yoga class at her building.  I want to be doing more of this.  It is going to restrict my travel initially.  I already see that.  However with some creativity and planning, I know that I can do it all. I can start marketing myself and incorporate more privates into my week.  I met with my sous chef and saw what we could do together. Honestly, teaching Gabe meant I was paying more attention to him and doing adjustments where in the past, I have worked with people who have experience with yoga and so my adjusting is limited.  I tend to flow alongside them and make verbal adjustments.  It is helping me cue, of course, and enhance my teaching style.  Yet, doing physical adjustments gives me confidence.  So, I am continuing to learn in an unrushed speed.
My trainer gave me some information on how to set up waivers and insurance.  I am benefitting from that association more and more.  I appreciate the training and what I am learning about the health industry from my sessions with Courtney.  We do actually get what we ask for.
Instead of picking up take-out, last night, which is typically my go to, I made dinner.  I thought about what options I had in my fridge and chose to utilize them which was an improvement.  Don't get me wrong....I do love spaghetti and meatballs and there is a cute local spot six blocks from my house.  I am on a first name basis with three of their bartenders and am treated well when I stop in.  Then, I eat too much of it and feel bloated for a few days after.  Sure, the food is great and I love the social interaction.  Yet, I am hoping to cook more at my house and handle some things that I have been avoiding.  I put off dealing with grief until I absolutely have to.  It's been 12 years since my boyfriend died.  I think about him everyday and the energy I carry is limiting me.  So, last night, I went through some of our photo albums and cards.  Never easy and it overwhelms me.  I'm trying to let go of some of the grief.  Baby steps.
I need to get up and embrace the day. I have a client in an hour.  I considered a mindful flow for her and then dreamed about a different sequence.  I think I will be honoring more of the astanga this session to see how it encourages her in yoga. I know that I should embrace the spiritual side and will especially with the Mini.  She hired me to give her colleagues a break in their day from the nonstop planning, organizing, creating.  Spirituality is what they need.
Cheers!

No comments: