Thursday, September 9, 2010

Phone issues

August 31st I was in San Francisco. I called my sister and wished her a happy birthday but I was late with sending her gift.
Until yesterday, that is....I walked up to the post office. Thankfully, I live near a post office and so my only wait is at the post office, itself.
I walk up Marion and notice a bum sprawled out on the side walk. Surprised that he has taken up residence on the sidewalk that early in the day. But, there he is and again, it is Capitol Hill. I shouldn't be shocked.
I enter the post office and it is crammed full of people. I thought about walking out and delaying my gift another day. But, knew that that was no longer an option. My sister had waited long enough.
I wait in line and listen to my ipod. I figure I can make it through anything with music. I brought the package, a water bottle, ipod and money. Lately, I have had made a conscious effort to hydrate; hence, the necessity of the water bottle. My long runs have been dehydrating me as of late. More likely, I am not metabolizing my liquids adequately. I am hydrated pre and post run. I rest, but when I head to work my p.m. Saturday shift, I crash. My electrolytes do. I cannot seem to stay balanced.
So, I am now drinking more and more liquids during the week to offset the likelihood of post-run dehydration.
While in line, I reach into my bag and notice that my water bottle has leaked. I grab my phone and see that it is wet. CRAP. I have had issues with my phone, lately--dropping it excessively, low battery charge available, water damage, etc. The last thing I needed, yesterday, was to lose another phone.
I knew that I did not have any rice at home. I did have cous cous, though. Similar concept of drawing the water out of the phone.
I checked my phone, several times, last night. No dice.
I pray that the morning will have produce different results.
I wake up. I check my phone. Dead. Dead. Dead.
Before I consider my options, on-line, I try one last time to revive the phone. I plug it in to the charger and it responds. I am so thankful!
I do not have to buy a new phone. And, I don't want to. I prefer buying wine in Napa to purchasing a new phone. Or, new shoes. Yes, I need new kicks and some fancy-smanschy going out shoes to utilize while in Napa and Denver. That reminds me---I must call Pocketsize for guidance in that department. She is a fashionista!
Enjoy what is left of your Thursday.

No comments: