Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday, Monday.....

Gloomy day off.
Ideal weather to sleep, procrastinate, delay a run. I should make time for the run as part of my recovery. I think it will help me recover, quicker, from the next twenty mile run. And, yes, I have another one of those right around the corner. Unfortunately, I think that is a solo one. The barefoot runner will be tapering then. It is the beginning of a new session and most people will be at the start of their training plans.
Solo 20 it is...my ipod will be charged and I will have a positive mantra to get me through the run. I have to.
This upcoming Saturday, I am heading to Napa with Sara Jo, the Goddess and Megan to run the Healdsburg 1/2 Marathon. It is a rolling hill course and we run by 22 wineries. An amazing race with rewards that do not stop.
I intend to run the race, but not race it. There is wine available at the aid stations. How can I turn down free wine? Plus, I feel, this is about camaraderie. I believe that Lindsay understands that and is on board with my goal plan. She has run other races and enjoys running for herself. Sara Jo and Megan are both new to running. There is the fear of completion, stopping to walk, not going fast enough, etc....I know they will enjoy the experience but they have anxiety that I have gotten beyond. I told Sara that if she wanted to race it, she should. There will be plenty of wine, post-race, as well.
We are considering a stop in Santa Rosa to check out the Russian River Brewery. I met their brewer at the Great American Beer Festival. I enjoy beer and it will be a nice break from the wine flow. I plan on sampling a lot of wine.
Ironically, the 1/2 Marathon coincides, perfectly, with my training plan. I am supposed to back off this weekend, mileage-wise, and hit it hard, again, November 6th. Full circle to the 20 miles of upcoming bliss.
Maybe I will run later today. Rain inspires sleep or soup. I need to think past that in order to go actually go running........

No comments: