Sunday, September 4, 2011

I feel like chicken tonight....maybe, not chicken, but dinner, for sure....

Tonight, in the spirit of the holiday (dreaming of camping), we are going to grill. Seems fitting, too. Not only due to the holiday aspect but also to the closing of the full circle of 2011 thus far. Looking around my friend's house, I see that some things have changed and others are regressing. The island that I proudly convinced them to clear off to make it easier to cook in their kitchen has stuff on it. Water bottles, dog food and other items that have taken residence of the beautiful counter.
The island also has collected a few items. Note pads, new gizmo's and other things. The dining room table remains clear of clutter. There are some dried flowers but that fits the decor. I am glad that we are still able to use the table and will continue to do so.
The first time we made a Sunday night meal was Easter. We grilled ham, pineapple, corn on the cob and I think asparagus. I believe it was the first time, this year, that my friends actually used their table. It offered hope and promise that we would have several meals there. And, they go all out. They have dried flowers (like previously noted), candles, place mats, an array of plates, dishware and napkins. Yes, they know how to host meals. Sure, it took an effort to clear the table, but, once done, it has remained useable for us to dine at. Beautiful.
Tonight, I think, we are either making shrimp skewers or fish. I lean towards fish. But, I know Jan prefers the idea of shrimp skewers. And, we can grill vegetables which is truly what I am interested in. Grilled tomatoes, peppers, asparagus...yummy!
I must shop and figure out what works best. Actually, I think I will wine shop. We can work out the rest of the details later. My focus is the wine factor. Must find wine that is drinkable and lovely for tonight. This could be my last Sunday night meal for awhile.
Looking forward to the outcome of tonight. Grilling sounds fantastic. I am ready for a margarita in the meantime....

No comments: