Saturday, September 24, 2011

Photo memory of 2010



Ahhhh...two of my favorite people and things--Lindsay, Sara Jo and the food factor. A year ago we met to discuss our upcoming trip to Sonoma. We had signed up for a half marathon and wanted to secure accomodations while touring wine country. With a little bit of creativity and contact friendly people, we made it work. I wanted to toast our success and so we had lunch at Capital Grille. Champagne, wine, oysters and macaroni and cheese. I have always been a fan of oysters until I spent a week in the hospital. Talk about having a whole new meaning to that word. One of the patients near my stepmom's room was having respiratory issues. The sounds emitting from that room, well, unpleasant to say the least. My dad coined the term oysters....

Regardless, this is a photo that makes me smile and remember a wonderful day last September. I think we met on a Monday. Lindsay and Sara returned to their respective days off while I loitered downtown with my friend, Maghan. We had the loca hot martinis and toured a few other establishments downtown.

It all segwayed into the birthday month. This year I am going with the flow of where the road seems to lead me. I had not anticipated a trip to Missouri or a potential jaunt to sin city. Yes, I might make that happen. I want to do something nice for myself, too.

Shari is visiting me and I believe we will head to Sedona or Jerome. I want to enjoy some of this state's beauty. I will want to document photo memories to return to in the years to come.

Enjoy your Saturday. I am smiling~

No comments: