Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I am back.....

It's official.  I have internet capabilities in my house.  I cannot believe it!  After trying to persuade my neighbor's to fix their router for the last month, a brief flirtation with century link, I broke down, called Cox, and yes, I have internet at home. 
Originally, I was annoyed by the price of the modem and thought century link would be the preferred route until I actually tried to establish service.  What a joke!  They sent a technician a week before I was to receive my modem.  After calling them three separate occasions to figure out where the modem was, I decided to cancel the service.  I foresaw the future of that relationship.  Me, being annoyed with waiting, waiting, waiting.
Regardless, I have no further reason to not be blogging.  Or catching up on Glee episodes.  Finally got the M J/Jackson 5 love.  What a great rendition of some of his best work.  Excellent.  Excited about the rest of the season.  Up til this point, I was a little disappointed probably since I catch the episodes a week late and I have been distracted.  I like the addition of characters (glee project contestants) and return of Sam.  I am inspired from the recent episode.
In other news, I am still semi-uncertain on how I will be celebrating christmas.  Last year, I had a lovely weekend in Key West and this year, sort of waited to see how things would play out. I considered spending time with friends in Phoenix but believe, I will either venture south to Mexico or north to Sedona. 
I miss the idea of Key West or Australia.  A beach is tranquil and soothing.  Gives me the opportunity to reflect on the last year and the upcoming one.  Why wouldn't I seek this out?
I am considering half marathons and a full for 2012.  Hoping to convince the Goddess, Sara Jo and Megan to meet up and run another wine race.  Santa Barbara would be delightful or perhaps, Oregon.  That way, I would be able to see my sisters, too.  Megan would like to sign up for the half in Virginia and I am not discounting that.  I am a little concerned about the humidity factor in June. 
It is so nice to be able to linger while blogging and not have to be concerned if I am taking up a table at Starbuck's.  Having wi-fi is heavenly.  Very happy.
I am waiting to hear back from the organizers of the las vegas half.  I e-mailed them after they provided a way to reach out about the experience of the 2011 event.  I mentioned my frustrations as a half marathon participant and noted, that I had run the 2010 full marathon course as well.  Although there were some issues with that route, it was preferable to what I watched this year.  I am hoping that they considered my perspective.  I believe they are overwhelmed with the amount of responses received.  There has been a lot of negative press on that particular event.  I do not envy them.  I think they learned a lot about managing a large event in that race.
I attempted to write christmas cards today, too.  Prior to having internet at home again.  Now, I am delayed due to the joy of blogging.  Hoping to resume xmas cards and have them out by 2012.  Too much to do and not enough time.  I wanted to include photos for some friends of this past year.  I spent a lot of time in Oregon, Colorado and Mexico.  I would like to share visiuals with some of those people.  Maybe next year.  Perhaps a resolution.
Have a lovely day.  I need to conclude this for now....

No comments: