Friday, December 16, 2011

thoughts of Friday

Happy Friday.  I woke up at 3:30 and was unable to go back to sleep until 7.  I watched a few shows on hulu.com since my mind was racing and I knew that I would only toss and turn.  As a result, I am still lounging this morning.  I think I forced myself to greet the day around tenish.  Made coffee.  Typical way for me to start my day.  Mental note, must stop and purchase coffee for tomorrow.
I have tried in the past to cut caffeine out of my diet.  It is painful for three days and eventually the headache subsides.  However, the headache is terrible and I love my a.m. infusion of coffee.  It is part of my day.  I recognize that I am unwilling to give coffee up.  While traveling, I drank instant coffee (yuck) just to get my fix. 
Slow start to day and with newfound internet availability, at home, I am unmotivated to get out of bed.  I have many errands--cards, gifts, and enjoying being outside.  Think I am waiting for a bit longer to get up.  Tomorrow, I work at 8:30.  That turnaround is difficult.  Although, I am not closing tonight which will with that.  When we first opened, I was scheduled a closing shift Friday followed by the opening on shift on Saturday.  I thought I could handle it and both Saturdays, I arrived, late.  I hope to arrive on time tomorrow and any other upcoming early morning shift.  I do enjoy working day shifts. 
Plus, I am meeting my friend that called me well-preserved during our last lunch date.  Looking forward to seeing Josh and what he has to say.  We met in fourth grade and continued to be friends through college.  Our paths, each, led us out of the midwest.  He plans on heading west in four months, I believe.  His ideal location is Seattle.  I love Seattle if only the weather included more sunny days.  There is something about the sun that inspires and I feel truly alive.  Yesterday in spite of my annoyance with inconsiderate hikers, I felt inspired when I made it to the summit.  And, for the first time in a long time, there were two other hikers at the top only.  Typically, it is a popular spot to chit chat while overlooking the Valley.  Yesterday, I think I could have meditated for an hour without incident. 
I am going to go for a mid-afternoon run.  Feel that it will keep me grounded and healthy.  Maybe inspire me to figure out my xmas plans.  I am drawn to the beach and return to that idea frequently.  A drive to San Diego wouldn't be too taxing or perhaps, Rocky Point.  I have limited days off due to colleague's holiday plans.  I can always celebrate at a later date. 
Slow start, sure, but happy.  I hope you enjoy your Friday, too~

No comments: